Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am looking at a chapter master with an honor guard. My main question is with a relic blade and storm shield he has no range attack. I know the key is to not have him out of cc but if he is should I give him a grenade launcher for ranged attacks, or just a shot before he charges?

·
Registered
141 Posts
With a relic blade I'd suggest either a storm bolter or normal bolter. Storm bolter is 24" assault weapon, so he can use it before he charges. If you want him to be a bit more nasty, the bolter can use hellfire rounds, so you can wound monstrous creatures or that one annoying carnifex with ease (hit/wound are both 2+). The storm bolter adds 5 points, and the bolter w/hellfire adds 10 (yay freebie bolter).

·
Registered
494 Posts
problem with bolter w/ Hellfire rounds is that can't assault afterwards. i would give him a grenade launcher (as from my understanding, you can't give him any more options from the "replace chainsword and/or bolt pistol" thing) so yeah...

·
Registered
228 Posts
the good thing about the grenade launcher is that it doesn't replace any hand weapons. so you can have your relic blade and storm shield plus a ranged weapon that, imo, isn't half bad

·
Registered
225 Posts
A commander with relic blade and SS is expensive enough, especially with the honor guard. Thus, instead of worrying about a few bullet, i would keep them as far out of sight instead of getting in the open where you effectively painting a even bigger crosshair over them as they already have, seeing as the chances everything thats remotely able to shoot them will do that. I would give him some kind of transport.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts