1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so we all want 1 and why cant GW just allow it

• Drop Pod.
  • Vehicle (Open-topped).
  • Transport: 10 models, 12 for Codex: CSM, or CSM dreadnaught. Once models disembark, they may not re-embark.
  • Inertial Guidance System: When scattering onto impassable terrain or a model, reduce scatter to avoid obstacle.
  • Immobile: Is Immobilised for all purposes once it lands. Cannot be repaired.
  • Drop Pod Assault:
    • Always enter using Deep Strike.
    • Half your drop pods must drop on the first turn.
    • Can not assault on a turn a model disembarks from the Drop Pod.
  • Wargear
    • Combie Bolter.
[Edit]
Upgrades

• Replace Combie Bolter with Havoc Missile Launcher (Codex: CSM).
  • Locator Beacon: Prevents units from scattering when Deep Striking nearby.

so anythin thing i missed

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Because all your drop pods were used up on Isstvan. You don't have the STC for them. You're spikey and drop pods crash when they're spikey. Too much wind shear.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Because all your drop pods were used up on Isstvan. You don't have the STC for them. You're spikey and drop pods crash when they're spikey. Too much wind shear.
According to the fluff chaos marines are scavengers. We find what we can use from battlefields and abandoned ships. So it would make sense that we should be able to use some of the stuff in the space marine codex but regrettably we don't. Just blame the book writers for not giving chaos marines more options.:punish:

·
Registered
21 Posts
We have dreadclaws. Unfortunately they are not dedicated transports and take up a fast attack slot which chaos needs for other stuff

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Emailing FW has always gotten me a response.

Outside of that, if you're really set on Drop Pods for your CSM there are a couple of options:

1. Use CSM models but use a Loyalist Codex.
2. Work out a house rule that let's you take Drop Pods just like Loyalists can on all the same kind of units (basically a something along the lines of matching units so that the units that are basically the spiky versions of the Loyalist ones can take them)
3. Show up at Phil Kelly's house and stalk him until he updates the CSM codex.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
maybe have to go with point 3 but also dread claws cant be used in normal games are well shit and cost £55 each phil kelly just needs to accept that csm had drop pods know how to use them ans will take the marine ones after they killed them

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
maybe have to go with point 3 but also dread claws cant be used in normal games are well shit and cost £55 each phil kelly just needs to accept that csm had drop pods know how to use them ans will take the marine ones after they killed them
Why can't they be used in normal games? I'm fairly sure aeronautica has the rules and that whole book is pretty much 40k approved.

Mitigate the lack of drop pod assault by running one alongside 2 heldrakes. Give them some tough target priority decisions.

Then stalk Phil Kelly anyway :laugh:

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
I'm fairly sure aeronautica has the rules and that whole book is pretty much 40k approved
It does, but it's a supplement to the rules that not a lot knows about. As such, even though it's approved, you might run into a lot of players who doesn't accept them in their games, simply because they have no idea what it contains.

They are totally legit though, but as with any supplement to the rules and what you can bring, alignment in expectations are key :)

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
It does, but it's a supplement to the rules that not a lot knows about. As such, even though it's approved, you might run into a lot of players who doesn't accept them in their games, simply because they have no idea what it contains.

They are totally legit though, but as with any supplement to the rules and what you can bring, alignment in expectations are key :)
We always play 'bring what you like' - as long as it's in a codex, supplement or 40k approved (Inc Escalation and Stronghold Assault + superheavies etc) then it's fair to use it.
As long as I have the book with me for proof, I'm fine :)

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
We always play 'bring what you like' - as long as it's in a codex, supplement or 40k approved (Inc Escalation and Stronghold Assault + superheavies etc) then it's fair to use it.
As long as I have the book with me for proof, I'm fine
Ah ok, if that's the way your group plays, then by all means bring them Dreadclaws!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts