10 Boyz
+ Nob W/PK & Bosspole
--> Trukk

10 Shoota Boyz
+ Nob W/Big Choppa & Bosspole
+ Big Shoota
--> Trukk W/Red Paint

(400)

This is my combat patrol list for a tournament I'd like to enter.
I don't know if there is anything I need to change, but I am definitely up for constructive criticism.

:read:

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
10 Shoota Boyz
+ Big Shoota
--> Trukk W/Red Paint

10 Boyz
+ Nob W/PK & Bosspole
--> Trukk

10 Shoota Boyz
+ Big Shoota
--> Trukk W/Red Paint

(400)

This is my combat patrol list for a tournament I'd like to enter.
I don't know if there is anything I need to change, but I am definitely up for constructive criticism.

:read:
I'd give Powerklaws to all the Nobs, and run each one with ten boyz in a Trukk. If you want add in a couple of big shootas, though I'd leave them out, that way your guys can run.

If you do want to take one though, make one of the squads a shoota mob.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd give Powerklaws to all the Nobs, and run each one with ten boyz in a Trukk. If you want add in a couple of big shootas, though I'd leave them out, that way your guys can run.

Big Shoota is assault...

·
4,491 Posts
Id go with...

10 Boys
- Nob / PK / BP
- Trukk

10 Boys
- Nob / PK / BP
- Trukk

10 Boys
- Nob / PK
- Trukk

Will smash 90% of other Combat Patrol armies out there.
Only things i could see it struggling against is perhaps Crisis Suits with Missile Pods backed up by Burst Cannons, Marines with Missile Launchers backed up by Land Speeders with Heavy Flamers, Hive Guard backed up by Warriors with Devourers and Barbed Stranglers, or anything else that combines a long range reliable anti-AV10 backed up with a large volume of low strength firepower or blast/flame templates.
If your up against an army with lots of short-ranged and high-strength weaponry (meltaguns, multi-meltas, plasma guns, etc) or models with a high points cost, then you will almost be guaranteed a win.

·
Registered
49 Posts

Big Shoota is assault...
His warning here is that the big shoota has a larger range than shootas or slugga/choppa, so if you equip it and use it outside of the smaller range, you're wasting movement that a majority of your mob could be taking

Regardless, I largely agree with KingOfCheese's post. Drop the big shootas for power klaws, particularly in transports since you'll only get one round of firing anyhow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts