Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My colour scheme is basically like the Black Legion one, except there's no gold, just silver. I also use Scab Red for the shoulder pads and the champions get red helmets, and all their eyes are bright green. It's a bit bland in places, can't really think of any way to make them a bit more interesting. I don't have pics of it yet, and no models are finished yet..

I was also wondering if anyone had any good idea for creating smoke? I was planning on making some for my jetbikes that I'm planning on doing at some point, but I can't seem to find the tutorial for it 0.o The Emperor's Children one. And maybe for my Raptors? I was thinking white eyes would look ace for Raptors?

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
Well, that depends on whether you want the smoke to actually be part of the model, or something you can place on it to represent some in-game effect. Cotton balls that have been sprayed with black primer from about two feet back (so you just get little specks of black and a light misting that turns it grey) works great if you're just placing it on them, but for actually modelling it on the model... it's pretty much the same as modelling flame, you just paint it with light greys instead of the yellow-orange-red progression.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinkin of making it outta cotton wool..

Making a wire frame for the smoke, going to the exhast pipe. Then work cotton wool round it, and painting it. But I'm no sure if it'll work. Another way would be to make it out of GS, but that'll use up too much GS and would be nails to make..

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yeah! I forgot all about that stuff. Would deff. be a lot more easier to use and paint than cotton wool, thanx man..

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wire wool, steel wool. It's all the same thing lol!

You use it for what?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I kinda figured that out Anph lol!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts