Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Apoc expansion has me expanding my Imperial forces. I'm bumping my Blood Templars to 4K pts have decided to add a Space Wolves force. I was thinking about a regular Space Wolf force, but I have 2 squads of Wulfen in a drawer primed from a few years back... so I'm thinking about doing a 1500pt Space wolf force in 13th colors and add and remove the wulfen depending on the game.
So what are the right greys to base and highlight them with? I'm thinking blood red sholder pads with place wolf faces...:mrgreen:

What do you think?

·
Registered
53 Posts
if you want a more serious battle look I would suggest codex grey for the armor. The shadow grey is too blue for my tastes. Codex gray with black in the cracks, highlight with a 50/50 mix codex grey and white. Gives the army a very black and white feel, mucho sexy. Fur's I did black undercoat, drybrush snakebite leather, flesh wash, highlight raised areas of the skin LIGHTLY with a flesh color. Worked for me,
~dan

·
Powered by Squig Tea
7,589 Posts
When trying out my 13th i used Fortress and Codex grey, i cannot remember off hand which is the darker of the the two but i just used one to highlight the other.

Ignore the guy on the right but the chap on the left was done using these colours.

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
The 13th Company wears the pre-Heresy colors of the Space Wolves Legion, which is essentially Codex Grey. However, since they've had to make do with corrupted armour to repair their own over the centuries, you're free to paint bits of the armor however you like. Black Legion (Black with gold trim), Word Bearers (deep red with silver trim) and Emperor's Children (which can really look like anything as long as it's bright and garish, but usually pink or purple with silver or gold trim) look quite effective next to all the wolf iconography.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I plan on codex grey with fortress grey highlights/trim. I plan on using alot of Chaos parts, no iconigraphy though, and maybe some regular space wolves shoulder pads and boots and stuff... to support the idea that they are helping hide the 13th company. What do you think?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts