Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found these while surfing the net. I reckon they look pretty cool.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Not sure if they have a website as I've not heard anything about them until now :p
Unlikely they would have one to be honest, they won't want to be the victim of the GW legal hammer as they are direct copied resin parts :nono:

That said - they are really nice, if I didn't hate the new fireprism with a passion I would have bought some :grin:

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Same. Though if available in ice blue I may be tempted into getting a kit. I used the last fire prism kit to make the night spinner since that does not look aweful and under the new rules is actually quite useful.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Er, what?

The Nightspinner is still a waste of a HS slot.

Love the crystals, though. Hmm... matching red to go with the paint scheme, or the greenish tealish one to contrast?

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
The ability for the nightspinners target to move through both difficult and dangerous terrain next turn is invaluable at times. The large template can also spread over 2 squads for maximum carnage.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
I refuse to wade into another debate on the nightspinner (in my view it is situational) but so you get maximum use out of it:

The ability for the nightspinners target to move through both difficult and dangerous terrain next turn ..
Its the next TIME not TURN (if I am reading it correctly anyway), so if a squad elects to not move next turn then it is still counted as in dangerous and difficult terrain if it moves later, this means that you can build up units every turn and if they don't move then they are still in danger. This makes it much better but still a poor HS slot choice vs our other options.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
I admit I normally use it in smaller point games. Come 1500 my slots are filled with a falcon (to transport nigh obligatory fire dragon unit), some dark reapers with marine rape weapon (tempest launcher with crack shot. I am VERY lucky with scatter and the rerolls are invaluable) and a wraithlord who acts as a very distracting target and attracts all available fire which allows other units to close with the enemy (thinking about my 10 man harly squad backed up by phoenix lord)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts