·
Apathetic Megalomaniac
456 Posts
Some new rumours.
Larry Vela on Bell of Lost Souls said:
MINIS
New Tyranid plastic kits:
Warrior - Shrike: 3 model kit.
HiveGuard - Tyrantguard: 3 model kit. New weapon option for Hiveguard, Full lash whip-sword-claw-talon bits for Tyrant guard.
Pyrovore - Biovore - Hellevore: 1 model plastic kit. 3 plastic spore mines included.
Harpy - Eriyne: 1 model plastic kit.
Mycetic Spore: 1 model plastic kit.
Tyranid Prime: 1 model plastic kit.

RULES
Termagant
Troops FOC
Unit size up to 30
Cost: 4pt
Default comes with Fleshborer

Upgrades:
Fleet for 1pt per model

+1 pt Spike Rifles
+2 pt Spinefists (now Assault x(minimum of 2) Twinlinked)
+4 pt Devourers

1 per 10 can take:
+10 pt Strangleweb
+15 pt Electroshock Spitter (S4 AP6 Template Assault 1)

+1 Adrenal Glands - Fleet and Furious Charge
+1 Toxin sacs - Poison (affects cc attacks)
+2 Toxic grubs - Poison (affects ranged fire)

·
Registered
585 Posts
This seems to be all over Facebook but i've not noticed it on here yet, so I thought I would post it up. It's from page 83 of the new Escalation book apparently. People reckon it's the new Tyranid Prime model. What do you reckon? Does look different enough to be something new.

tyranid-prime-maybe.jpg

·
Apathetic Megalomaniac
456 Posts
And the rumors keep on coming.

Larry Vela on Bell of Lost Souls said:
Tyranid Warriors

Tyranid Warriors available in both HQ (Tyranid Prime)and Troops.

- HQ Warriors function as the Prime's retinue, and do not deploy separately.
- Prime + Retinue may deploy in a Mycetic Spore.

Troops Warriors are mostly unchanged.
Updated Biomorphs.
Adrenal Glands is much improved.
Warriors cheaper in points. (75pts base for unit).

Harpy-Eirnye

- Arm design is similar to the Forgeworld Harridan.
- Wings attach to the body via 2 sets of arm slots.
- Back 2 pairs are for the wings.
- First pair of arms is reserved for various weaponry/gribblies.

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
Given the Prime is just a slightly better Warrior, it's entirely feasible it's based on a warrior with better armour upgrades. The picture of the warrior with th different armour plating in the middle of that pic may be the Prime, given it's an EM shot it's unlikley to be a personal conversion.

However, it's also just as likely to have been made with the new plating options on the new sprues. They have had the new ones for a good long while. And new character models in the recent past have tended to be fairly stand-out...

I guess what I'm saying is I think the new Prime will stand out a bit more than that.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I'm hoping the rumblings about something akin to a Malefactor are true...
I'm unconvinced but it would be good were it to happen, which reminds me I have no idea where my haruspex is........

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'm unconvinced but it would be good were it to happen, which reminds me I have no idea where my haruspex is........
That's not something to lose. How do you know it isn't burrowing under your house as we speak, ready to rip through the building int he night and eat you?

·
Apathetic Megalomaniac
456 Posts
Just one question on that rumour - why would anyone pay the 1pt to make them Fleet, when Adrenal Glands makes you Fleet *and* furious? :wink:

*rather keen, and has too many bloody termagants to assemble*
I believe that's under the 1 per 10 section.

·
Apathetic Megalomaniac
456 Posts
A ton of rumors, including some feedback on the BoLS rumors from earlier, and something about Tyranids getting their own Psychic table.

Endobai on Warseer said:
(regarding the Bols rumors over the weekend)
Yep, that is a good idea. Half of it is completely wrong, mistaken or just slightly off the mark.
But hell, there could be a second wave so untill the codex is there it is not certain.

Can't say if the rules are, though - again as long as the codex is not released.

what the hell, expect a dataslate with the release. Nothing unexpected something like this appears I realise, but it will apparently give another option to create an army.
3rd edition players will notice some similarity between it and one evil, sickly powerful army list from a decade ago; though I seriously hope it will be only representing similar idea, but without the rules almost every non-Tyranid player hated back then.

(Regarding the dataslate)
Different name, different rules (I hope!), but in general similar thought behind it. A formation from models in the codex, so not an entire army.

I cannot confirm it fully because too many people will get too exited leading to another 5 pages of discussion on DakkaDakka (cheers guys!) and it will be much less than they will hope for. A nice, (hopefully) flavourish addition, but not the Mycetic Swarm people hated/loved in early 2000s.

(Who is the author of the Tyranid codex)
Ok, that is easy and spoils nothing. No author named.
Apparently right now it is a work of the entire team, but no real suprise here either with rumours about shared work circulating for a while.

Anyway I fully expect some images in next 6 days. As usual first probably something blurry, made by an old mobile phone camera from a wrong angle so that people can discuss how utterly ugly it is and they will never buy it.

I dislike one release from the Tyranid wave, but the rest seems fine or better than fine.
And the cover of the codex is all right, though could probably be better.

The data slate- when I read up on the original Mycetic spore list I think it was more just the deployment type of it- plus it was cool as it represented a specific stage of a tyrannid invasion- so good flavour fluff wise but I wouldn't want anything overpowered - it's just not fun to fight against.

The early invasion theme is still here, but this time without "drop a brood of Genestealers on their heads and see them kill everybody" mode.

There is more than one new MC in the initial release. 'A new MC for the army of bioengineered monsters?' - not a suprise.

Epic 40 000 players will recognise one easily.
Not Harridan of course.

FOC changes. Not sure yet if your HQ can move some units to different slots, but one unit moves a MC in the FOC.

Probably guys from 40k radio will cover the codex, but it is still more than a full month left...
an anonymous source on Faeit 212 said:
Tyranids have their own psyker discipline containing 6 powers, with no access to any of the normal disciplines out of the rulebook.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Just one question on that rumour - why would anyone pay the 1pt to make them Fleet, when Adrenal Glands makes you Fleet *and* furious? :wink:

*rather keen, and has too many bloody termagants to assemble*
The way I see it, the rumor's author wanted to show that Fleet can be unlocked for 1 point, and then listed the biomorph options further down, including the 1pt Adrenal Gland that gives Fleet (as well as Furious Charge)

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
I believe that's under the 1 per 10 section.
They would never do that, as how many thousands of nid players worldwide have squads of termagants with every one having adrenal glands modelled on? Plus that is such a silly bonus to be 1 in 10 that I am certain it has just been misrepresented.

I am holding off putting together the non-solid moulded gants though, as Spinefists may well be flavour of the next dex...

Having the option to make things Fleet that currently aren't (like CC warriors for example) would be *marvellous*. I'm still hoping for more Beasts, as my Raveners are easily my favourite unit right now. Being able to catch the tasty morsels is a really important thing, and in this shooting heavy edition where most of my army is the same speed or slower than everyone else (hence the desire for transports) I *really* want to be able to keep up with them as they back away as fast as I can advance...

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Let us pray that Lictors return to being complete and utter bastards..........

That's not something to lose. How do you know it isn't burrowing under your house as we speak, ready to rip through the building int he night and eat you?
If it were; the pup would probably eat it,
god alone knows what would happen after that but quite frankly I have no intention of clearing up the mess

161 - 180 of 404 Posts