Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

381 - 400 of 404 Posts

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
I really ought to crack on with my CSM's.

But they're so shiny!!! :crazy:

·
Pony Marine Master
284 Posts
I really need to get on with taking pics, I finish some stuff but I never get around to properly photographing them for my thread. XD

I honestly can't wait for this Saturday, as I will be picking up quite a bit of things. I am hoping that Lictors and Genestealers will be more viable in this edition considering the amount of shooting power in 6th. They will need some help to make them work and not just pop up and die.

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
We now have all the rules for genestealers courtesy of WD. It showed their statline and their special rules page. Unless they are covered by a universal nid rule somewhere else, they are unchanged - except that the Broodlord auto-gets The Horror instead of being able to roll like he can currently.

My 'stealers will likely remain shelved. Unfortunate, as they are kind of the iconic nid. I remember the days when they were *actually* the scariest thing in combat in the whole game...

I have 3 Lictors waiting to be put together in the hope that they are more useful and not just cannon fodder.

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
To be fair, removing all dedicated transports and taking away mycetic spores might actually make that a balanced compromise. It may be something added on to adrenal glands - 'gets furious charge and can assault when they come in from reserve'. It would explain why they are so very expensive for stealers and hormogaunts...

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
That is indeed my hope. Back to the skittering unstoppable tide. And a use for my 60+ stealers, other than cannon fodder.

·
Pony Marine Master
284 Posts
So after getting to see a copy of the codex as it arrived (i couldn't purchase it yet) I have to say that I am a bit sad in some ways. I didn't get a thorough look at the book as I went for the bestiary and wargear/points lists and skipped the first part of it. I think I have to let it sink in a bit before I can make a proper commentary on how the book looked.

I can say that there are some interesting things they did with it, but on the other hand what we lost does hurt the army in ways.

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
Every single "I've got the codex, ask me questions" thread I've seen has failed to ask the single most important question that knocks on onto *every* other aspect of the army.

How do the three new instinctive behaviours work, and how does synapse work now?

Every other change is secondary to that, in my opinion...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Every single "I've got the codex, ask me questions" thread I've seen has failed to ask the single most important question that knocks on onto *every* other aspect of the army.

How do the three new instinctive behaviours work, and how does synapse work now?

Every other change is secondary to that, in my opinion...
If a unit isn't in synapse, LD test then either "hunt", "feed" or "lurk" roll. Can't remember them exactly but lurk is defo fall back if you roll a 1-3.

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
If a unit isn't in synapse, LD test then either "hunt", "feed" or "lurk" roll. Can't remember them exactly but lurk is defo fall back if you roll a 1-3.
See, that's my problem. Biggest thing you need to know for structuring your army effectively, and there's obviously a lot more there that simply hasn't been bothered to be noted.

From what I gather, three types, each with three different reactions dependant on the roll. That's a *huge* change, and no-ones bothered to look into it! Last few games I've been leaving my Feeders to it as Synapse can actually hinder them. How do I need to alter that now? How much better will their troops-based synapse warriors be now I can make them Fleet and keep up?

And why has no mention been made either on the FoC rumours?

They're all looking in the wrong places in the book.

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
Wow, people still read BoK?

Seriously, he contradicts himself in the same sentence when describing melee weapons, refers back to things he hasn't written, and claims the Trygon has gone up in cost to 190pts.

He also can't structure a sentence without making my brain hurt. I'll just wait til saturday, thanks.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Seriously, he contradicts himself in the same sentence when describing melee weapons, refers back to things he hasn't written, and claims the Trygon has gone up in cost to 190pts.
One to avoid then? :laugh:

·
Pony Marine Master
284 Posts
Synapse is functioning under the rules of 12' range and gives Fearless. INculdes the synapse creature under its affect. Auto rally when entering synapse range.

As for the instinctive rules. I can't remember all of them but I can try and create a list from memory ( as spotty as that is).

I do remember that Feed has a roll of a 6 causing wounds on the unit and then they assault a close enough unit( pretty sure it was enemy) and gains rage.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I figured feed would be similar to what Rippers do; eating themselves. Hunt is likely similar to what feed used to be and lurk should be mostly unchanged. But that is mostly guestimation and if you roll to determine what happens on a failed test, I could be only partially right.

·
Pony Marine Master
284 Posts
Essentially you roll based on what chart the unit uses. "Feed" "Lurk" or "Hunt" and based on what you roll, 1-3, 4-5, 6. Then a specific result takes place. Lurk is mostly go to ground and cover fire or retreat. The hunt ones seem to be a weird set of just prowling around. The feed one is more toward heading toward trouble and getting killed/killing things.

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
Yeah, no. It's out tomorrow, and illegal downloads contribute to prices going up further than they normally would. Don't give them an excuse to make things more expensive :wink:

381 - 400 of 404 Posts