Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

361 - 380 of 404 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
Interesting... The Haruspex/Exocrine *only* appears in the Elites section. I'd've though it an Elite/HS crossover.

Looks like NidZilla now has an Elites choice. Though from initial viewing, the only way to get Troops MCs is to have 30 Termagants for each one. Better get building them then...

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
If Old One Eye is an HQ then he could make Carnifex broods Troops. That does seem crazy but there has to be some benefit to him being there. Maybe it's a single brood or he lets them be Elites and HS. Time will tell, I guess.

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
If Old One Eye is an HQ then he could make Carnifex broods Troops. That does seem crazy but there has to be some benefit to him being there. Maybe it's a single brood or he lets them be Elites and HS. Time will tell, I guess.
I think it's more likely they just want all special characters to be HQs, but it would be great if that were the case...

·
Registered
140 Posts
That's likely for old one eye count as, considering they removed his model from the site some time ago, I'm more interested in the fact deathleaper is in the hq section now, I wonder what he will bring to the fight?

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
@SilverTabby, what the feck are Ymgarls....? :scratchhead:

·
Pony Marine Master
284 Posts
They were interesting but if they don't get to keep their 'attack the turn they pop up on' which considering they removed the other versions of it I doubt they have it. Hopefully they got something to make up for it or they won't be as good with just the morphing stat line.

In my opinion anyways.*

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I do hope the tryanids do get a few assault from reserve rules. They need something to compete in that field.

Used to be the whole point of genestealers and ymgarls.

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
They were interesting but if they don't get to keep their 'attack the turn they pop up on' which considering they removed the other versions of it I doubt they have it. Hopefully they got something to make up for it or they won't be as good with just the morphing stat line.

In my opinion anyways.*
That's the thing - the genestealer bestiary page has a small side box entitled 'Ymgarl genestealers'. The last codex's fluff had them as a mutation the Hive Fleets were actively trying to lose. All this adds up to "I don't think they are an option any more". If they were in the Codex, they'd have their own bestiary page.

In other news, the warrior kit has been updated and altered - but doesn't include Shrike wings. This could mean one of three things:
1) they are being released next month, like the Dark Elf releases that were over two months,
2) they are leaving that to FW to sell, which was something I thought they were phasing out, or
3) they are cutting them from the codex, which seems unlikely...

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
I do hope the tryanids do get a few assault from reserve rules. They need something to compete in that field.

Used to be the whole point of genestealers and ymgarls.
There was a rumour of a "surprise!" rule, mostly for lictors, to give them an edge. This may apply to more than one critter...

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
I doubt they would drop Shrikes. Plus FW still sell the wings. Although I have no clue if they will work on the new Warriors.

I don't think need assault from reserve special rules to be honest. If they are mostly cheaper across the board (which seems to be the case) then simply having a lot more bodies to weather fire will do. That and still having stupidly fast assault units like Raveners.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
You say that, but if 30 genestealers rocked up, they'd be the focus of everything. The most effectve it would be is as a distraction with a chance of assault in the turn after.

Done it to my friend a fair few times.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
There was a rumour of a "surprise!" rule, mostly for lictors, to give them an edge. This may apply to more than one critter...
Lictors definately need something anyway

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
You say that, but if 30 genestealers rocked up, they'd be the focus of everything. The most effectve it would be is as a distraction with a chance of assault in the turn after.

Done it to my friend a fair few times.
That's an extremely expensive 'distraction', that's over 400 base cost, and if I recall correctly illegal to boot as 'stealers come in 5-20 broods.

But that's why I don't use 'stealers, especially as a 'distract everyone' brood. Gargoyles work just as well, deepstriking in, at 1/3 the price, and guns to shoot with too so they aren't useless when they turn up.

But then I rarely deepstrike or outflank with anything anymore. Not even my Trygon. I'd rather have a guaranteed turn three charge on foot than a maybe in turn 4 or 5.

But all that might change next saturday, we have no idea what they've done to the army dynamic. The introduction of the new 'hunt' instinctive behaviour is something to factor in now, and we don't know lurk and feed are the same...

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Have you not read the last codex?
Nopes :blush:

Although I am sorely tempted by 'nids this time around.
One more project couldn't hurt, could it? :crazy:

361 - 380 of 404 Posts