Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

221 - 240 of 404 Posts

·
Apathetic Megalomaniac
456 Posts
Now that i look at it again, those wing ticks look interesting, what could they do?
They could be the spore cysts?
Maybe it spawns flying ripper swarms?
Oh come on and that doesn't make you think of facehuggers?
Here's a rumor that might illuminate what those things are. Looks like they're called "tentaclides" and they function like biological A2A missiles.

an anonymous source from the Faeit 212 inbox said:
One kit makes up both the Harpy and the Hive Crone
The model is larger than any other flyer we have for from GW

The Harpy can be labelled as a bomber and comes with a stranglethorn cannon or heavy venom cannon, and can drop biological spore bombs (3 choices).

The Hive Crone is meant to take on air targets with its claws, and comes with drool cannon, that spits digestive acid onto its foes. On the bottom of the wings the Hive Crone comes with 4 tentaclides (missiles) that are used to take down aircraft.

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
What I'm thinking would be nice, is if the Trygon, Tyrranofex and Tervigon remain top-end expensive MCs, and these new ones (and the carnifex) become T6 W4 'mid-range' MCs, so it's affordable to do Nidzilla, or just fit them into armies in multiples. The Harpy being the same cost as a valkyrie would be awesome...

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Want.

WWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really want that bitch. Wonder if it's the Exocrine or the Crone.

LotN

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
The Malefactor traditionally had much bigger claws ( http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/338574-Armorcast Tyranid Malefactor.html ) (it dragged itself along with them) and this one doesn't look like it has transport capacity. I'd love to be wrong though. The Exocrine is the one with the huge cannon on its back.

Locustgate - nope. Because facehuggers don't fly :wink:

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
i think thats the Haurspex , though personally i think it should be the malefactor. Either way we should call it Geoff
Looks more like a Reginald to me. Makes me think of something out of Cthulu. Pretty awesome and maybe something I would love to paint.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
i think thats the Haurspex , though personally i think it should be the malefactor. Either way we should call it Geoff
Looks more like a Reginald to me. Makes me think of something out of Cthulu. Pretty awesome and maybe something I would love to paint.
I think it should be called George. Then we can love him, and pet him, and squeeze him.....

Because facehuggers don't fly
No, they do. You just need to kick them really hard! :laugh:

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Yup :laugh:

But are the facehuggers wearing those cute little red wings? :so_happy:

·
Apathetic Megalomaniac
456 Posts
I think we all knew it was a dual kit, but a confirmation is nice.
an anonymous source on Faeit 212 said:
I know everyone saw the leaked images of the Hive Guard, and I want to confirm that it is a dual kit making either Hive Guard or Tyrant Guard. The other weapon in the leaked pictures besides the Impaler Cannons, is a Shock Cannon. The kit allows you to equip all three with either weapon.

As far as the Tyrant Guard are concerned, all options are included like most 6th edition boxes, from scything talons, crushing claws, lash whips and boneswords.

Again advanced orders are not coming until January 4th. Release date is the 11th.

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
Oh, splendid! I have a number of finecast Hive Guard bodys, but was missing the guns and various arms. Hopefully if I get one of these boxes I can butcher them together with the bits I don't use...

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
You know, looking at the pictures and given just how many carnifex torsoes I have spare, I think I might be able to kit-bash both an Exocrine and a Haruspex from the same box. There's going to be *so* many spare bits if it's - as it seems - a duel kit... o_O

221 - 240 of 404 Posts