Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:read: Well. I wrote the fluff for my DIY Chapter called the Sons of Hellas (you can find a link to it in my signature), and decided that I really want to see this army in action. So at first I tried it with the Vanilla Codex, but it just wasn't going to happen. So I then started to make my own Codex using the Vanilla as a base.

The result is the PDF I attached here (I'm too lazy to start posting all that bit by bit...). I clered all the weapon and other point costs that I took straight from the Vanilla, and left only those that I had came up myself. I trust the admins to whack at the back of the head if I forgot anything (hopefully not).

So, comments, critic or a knockout punch, anyone?

Oh, and I'll update the fluff soon too. Hopefully. So anyway, enjoy.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
So, let me get this straight.... All your troops have PW, SS and if they make an LD test and, if they pass, they can strike at I:8 all for only cost 22 points? Also, your guys on the big horses give the same bonuses as a TW and give super FC for 10 points less? Oh and you have a 25 point model that can move 18" and then charge in at S:7PW with 5 attacks and a 3+ armor save, not including the fact they can infiltrate and get to move through cover......for just 25points.

·
Eastern Potent
2,654 Posts
Im with Gen. here, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overpowered. Almost everything needs tons of re-working, the for example, taking a LD test, to fire an extra shot? Their LD 9 dude, so you take a unit with 4 MLs and fire 8 Shots, thats a little OTT I would say. Now matter how well your trained, that missile launcher can only be loaded and fired so fast..

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
A missle launcher cna be fired at the same rate as a bolt pistol......ya thats not broken at all. i can tell you i could load a clip, re-laod, unlaod that clip and re-load again before a missile launcher even fired once as they ar enever loaded when being carried.

I think this "codex" is very much a case of "i want all my weekly shopping in 1 bag...but i don't want it to be heavy" (rep to anyone who knows where that quote comes from).

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A knockout punch then. :wacko: Oh well.

I guess this is what happens when you spend too much time working on both FaBa and 40k projects at the same time. I guess I I'll replace the whole "Ld test"-thing with "count as twin-linked" instead. Hmmm, yes that would sound more correct. Also I'll raise the points costs...a lot...and change that other special rule. But the banners I keep. What can I say, an army without banner and standards and the like just doesn't seem like much of an army to me...

So thak you for your feedback, I'll try to get v1.1 out...someday. If there's anything else you think is just crazy, please let me know.

---->:read::training:

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Best thing you could do would be to make them more reasonable. PW and SS on each unit, even base infantry, is ridicules; not even gray knights, the most well equipped chapter with an inquisitorial mandate, has that kind of equipment. TW is also a might bit much. Really, I get that you want them to be the be-all-end-all of badass, but thats just a bit much. What I would do would be to make one unit, something that just really sets them apart, and throw them in there.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All right, here is my second try at it. I've redone most of the stuff, chaged points, added some etc.

Again, all comments and critiques are welcome.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts