Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Simple question.

Im wanting to run a Dreadmob using the IA update however the points differ between the forgeworld pdf and codex orks which should I use? Example:

Codex Orks:
3 Killa Kans with Grotzookas 165 points

FW Dreadmob update:
3 Killa Kans with Grotzookas: 120 Points

Which points should I use as one will let me take an additional Kan for the same cost which seems a little OP (not that im complaining)

Thanks in advance!

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Though, in this particular case. The points were different from the original 4th edition codex that the imperial armor was written off.

If i remember correctly even the dreadnaughts were a different price or the grots which were more expensive in the imperial armor.

So I'm not sure if this applies in the case of the kans between the new 7th ed codex and the old imperial armor eight.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
When I ran my forgeworld dread mob I used the IA8 book points as much as possible. Since that is the book you are making your army with I would use it. I look at like a formation where there are different points costs for things. The guys in my league were fine with it but always best to check if you are taking it to a tournament or league but for general game play I would use the IA8 PDF download because even the IA8 book and the PDF download have different points cost.

I would also recommend grot tanks over killa kans if possible. Grot tanks get a 5+ Inv. Save which has kept my little tanks in the fight for a long time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts