Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

321 - 340 of 419 Posts

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
The last two updates, new models were released prior to the codex. For example, when they did Dwarfs, they released a few new character models as well as the Hammerers/longbears, then the following week, they released the codex. They did it again with the Knights as well. This time around, they released the codex first.
Right, WFB. My ignorance stems from not being interested then. Pretty sure every 40k release has followed the same suit as this one.

·
Fantasy Rumors
962 Posts
form feait212
Here is a list of what is in the Astra Militarum codex, supposedly directly from the back index of the codex. Please take these as rumors. Please note that I think this list comes to us is in spanish and I have no idea if it is a complete list. To note here, there are several artillery pieces missing or gone. Notably the Colossus, Medusa, and Griffon. I hope that these show up.

If these all pan out, I am disappointed in the loss of the different artillery pieces, and Sly Marbo.
via an anonymous source on Faeit 212
Astropath
Colonel 'Iron Hand' Straken
Colour Sergeant Kill
Commissar
Commissar Prime
Commissar Yarrick
Company Commander
Enginseer
Knight Commander Pask
Lord Castellan Creed
Master of Ordinance
Ministorum Priest
Nork Deddog
Officer of the Fleet
Primaris Psyker
Servitor
Tank Commander
Veteran

Tropas
Conscript
Guardia Imperial
Heavy Weapons Team
Platoon Commander
Sergeant Harker
Veteran

Transportes Asignados
Chimera
Taurox
Taurox Prime

Elite
Bullgryn
Ogryn
Ratling
Tempestor
Tempestor Prime
Tempestus Scion
Wyrdvane Psyker

Ataque Rapido
Rough Rider

Armoured Sentinel
Bane Wolf
Devil Dog
HellHound
Scout Sentinel
Valkyrie
Vendetta

Basilisk
Deathstrike
Hydra
Leman Russ Battle Tank, Exterminator, Vanquisher, Eradicator, Demolisher, Punisher, Executioner
Manticore
Wyvern

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
No, the Imperial Knight was released before the codex.
You could add Dark Angels and Chaos Space Marines to that list as they were in the boxed starter set before their respective books were released. Still, that's 3 out of 11 6th edition codices with models before the book aside from the WFB stuff.

What I find weird about this release is the limited edition codex released first despite Tempestus models being in the new dex according to Revilo's post. I'm very curious to see this AM dex in person, and even more curious to see if there will be a wave of updated models coming out later since there really was only one new thing for the AM (aside from the cool as fuck MT models with their own codex): the Hydra/Wyvern.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Does it really matter what was released which week and if the codex was released before or after I fell asleep? :)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I brought it up to emphasize the positive sides of the release to ebb the negativity, but it became an arguement. I recall the codexes coming out after the initial release being a huge deal for most, but I guess no one minds now

·
Registered
141 Posts
I am deeply saddened to see the Griffon tank removed. (again)

No doubt the new artillery is better, and I could still use Imperial Armour rules probably. I won't be able to squad up for accurate bombardment.

No 'Bring it Down' order is a loss as well. Although Sentinels might actually be useable now.

MVL.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Hoping all the other artillery is not removed, I have a squad of each!
However I guess I can use the Griffons, with a bit of conversion, as Wyverns.
I do get annoyed when a few hundred quid of forgeworld models get nerfed from the main game....

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
I do get annoyed when a few hundred quid of forgeworld models get nerfed from the main game....
Cash already spent. GW don't mind, although it's a massive kick in the stones for the rest of us :(

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Stats look the same but at least they are still in the dex - although they really need a resculpt.
My spanish is broken - any idea what those special rules are? Power weapon spear thing again probably?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Im going to take a guess (i have no spanish AT ALL). flak armour, their lance, las pistol, cc weapon, frag grenades and (the last one is a complete guess) krak grenades.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Lanca de caza babelfish's into hunting lance - Frag and Krak Grenades, laser pistol and ccw, and Flak armor, I think.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
So Ratlings and Rough Riders stay but half the artillery goes, v strange to me so far (nothing to do with the fact I have a full forgeworld artillery battery)

·
Registered
350 Posts
So Ratlings and Rough Riders stay but half the artillery goes, v strange to me so far (nothing to do with the fact I have a full forgeworld artillery battery)
Seems to me that they're trying to get players to put more troops on the table rather than having so many big guns. In my opinion this is a good thing cause I'm sick of all these armored dick lists just hammering me from afar and over half my army is gone on my opponent's first turn.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I think they were dropped after the following conversation:

GW Boss Man - "So, how many of those artillery pieces did we shift then since the last codex?"

Worker Man - "Several thousand Basilisks, zero Griffon, Colossus or Medusa."

GW Boss Man - Whaaat! Scrub those last 3!"

Worker Man - "Um, boss, we never actually got around to mak...."

GW Boss Man - "I said scrub them! Now, how are the figures for the Squats looking?"

321 - 340 of 419 Posts