Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going through the SM Codex and Insignium Astartes for giggles trying to decide which Company I wanted my Iron Lords to represent as I move ahead with painting and I've come to a dilemma: color my Marines shoulder guards in their Company colors or leave them be. Why this is a dilemma for me is because if you follow the Codex then Terminators would fall under 1st Company while Assault and Tactical can fall under 2-5th Companies. Weird I know. :laugh:

What have you guys done in the past? What are your thoughts? :grin:

·
Registered
130 Posts
i dunno what you mean, personally i like to paint my first company a complete different colour, like DA and lunar wolves. Termies are usually first company tho cos only hard paople get to wear tac-dred armour and the first company is where all the hard paople hang about.
2-5 companies are where the majority of y normal marines knock about thats why tac squads are there not in 1st company.

And then the weaklings like scouts are all the way down the bottom, what is it? 10 or something? so aye....erm

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Have a talk with Kobrakai who is also doing a Iron Lords Company.

The Insignium Astartes does make it clear that the Chapter's markings are purposely varied from one time to another so enemies don't become familiar with what the various armour markings mean. That's why Kobrakai isn't using the helmet stripe as a company indicator (that's what the Insignium Astares says is the IL version of shoulder trim) because his force has abandoned comapny markings for the moment.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dunno what you mean, personally i like to paint my first company a complete different colour, like DA and lunar wolves. Termies are usually first company tho cos only hard paople get to wear tac-dred armour and the first company is where all the hard paople hang about.
2-5 companies are where the majority of y normal marines knock about thats why tac squads are there not in 1st company. Curious if people followed this or went the route that Vaz took.

And then the weaklings like scouts are all the way down the bottom, what is it? 10 or something? so aye....erm
That's what I was getting at; Terminators are in 1st Company and then you have the others in the 2nd-5th Companies. So I'd paint the Terminators white shoulder trim and give my Tactical and Assault say green for 4th Company.

Have a talk with Kobrakai who is also doing a Iron Lords Company.

The Insignium Astartes does make it clear that the Chapter's markings are purposely varied from one time to another so enemies don't become familiar with what the various armour markings mean. That's why Kobrakai isn't using the helmet stripe as a company indicator (that's what the Insignium Astares says is the IL version of shoulder trim) because his force has abandoned comapny markings for the moment.
I'll have to get a hold of Kobrakai then. Kobrakai partly inspired me to choose ILs anyway. :grin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts