epistolary
Null zone
vortex

Librarian
Terminator armor storm shield
epistolary
Gate of infinity
Vortex
(both of these go with the shooty terminators in reserve)

Troops

Tac Sqd x10
Power fist
melta gun
plasma cannon
teleport homer
rhino

Tac sqd x10
power fist
melta gun
lascannon
teleport homer
rhino

Scouts x5
4 snipers
1 missle launcher
camo cloaks
teleport homer

Elites

Terminator sqd x5
Cyclone missle launcher

Terminator assault sqd x5
5 th/ss
In land raider redeemer with multi melta

Ironclad dreadnought
Drop pod
locator beacon

Heavy

Thunderfire cannon

This is strictly for fun but the point is make a ring of sorts. 2 rhinos 1 on either side, the drop pod on my enemies table edge and the scouts back home on cover with the thunderfire cannon and bolstered defences for a 2+ cover and 3+ for the cannon. Libbys and shooty terms come in and null zone and 2 vortex of dooms plus the cyclone. Next turn they gate to another area of need and repeat. The land raider and assault terminators drive up the middle drawing fire from the rhinos to keep them alive as long as possible. I think it would be hilarious if all goes according to plan. Comments?

·
Registered
220 Posts
why run the gate of infinity if you're deep striking your termies into the battle, especially with the cyclone? i'd run an assault cannon if i was planning on using the gate or deep strike for that shooty squad.

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
HQ
Librarian
epistolary
Null zone
vortex

Librarian
epistolary
Gate of infinity
Vortex
(both of these go with the shooty terminators in reserve)
Not bad, but if they are going with the terminators then consider dropping one or both of the storm shields. Other than that, wouldn't really change anytyhing other than who they are going to be with which I will mention below.

Troops

Tac Sqd x10
Power fist
melta gun
plasma cannon
teleport homer
rhino

Tac sqd x10
power fist
melta gun
lascannon
teleport homer
rhino
Like the setup, though consider swapping that plasmacannon out for a second lascannon. That ironclad podding in on turn one will be hectic, but otherwise you are a bit lacking in the long range tank busting department.

Scouts x5
4 snipers
1 missle launcher
camo cloaks
teleport homer
Like this, wouldn't change anything, maybe consider leaving the homers to the tactical squads and subbing out for more sniper scouts to increase chances of hits and kills.

Elites

Terminator sqd x5
Cyclone missle launcher
I like the cyclone, but why are you deep striking these guys in? Make use of the missile launchers range and have them walk up the field instead, maybe even stick the gating librarian with them and toss the other one in with the assault terminators?

Terminator assault sqd x5
5 th/ss
In land raider redeemer with multi melta
I'd suggest a crusader or regular land raider over the redeemer, especially the regular one due to your lacking in high strength long range weaponry.

Other than that, good hunting with these guys, consider attaching the non gating librarian with them.

Ironclad dreadnought
Drop pod
locator beacon
Interesting choice, if it survives the first round of shooting it receives then it will definitely be a bit of a pain.

Heavy

Thunderfire cannon
Never been terribly keen on these things, to fragile in my experience (except when your facing against them in a friendly game for some reason:ireful2:.)

Maybe consider dropping this for a pair of land speeders with dual heavy bolters or some multi-melta's. Otherwise it looks fine and injects a bit of something different, making the list a little less bland and like many other ones.

Personally, I rather liked this list; its done fairly well and there was little for me to comment on in regards to changes.

·
Registered
87 Posts
If I'm reading this correctly then you plan to have both Librarians in reserve with Terminators, I may be wrong but I thought you had to have at least one HQ and two Troops units on the table at the start of the game. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts