Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
List im working for nuclear winter tournament.

HQ-Librarian
Terminator Armor storm shield

Elites-Terminator assault squad x5
5thunder hammer storm shields
Land raider redeemer

Troops
Tac sqd x6
Razorback TL lascannon

Tac sqd x6
Razorback tl lascannon

Tac sqd x6
Razorback TL lascannon

Tac sqd x6
Razorback TL lascannon

Tac sqd x10
Rhino

Tac sqd x10
Rhino

Autolas predator

Currently at 1884. Need to fill out the rest and upgrade the squads. suggestions.

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
Here's what I'd run at 2K if I wanted to run Termie heavy...

Librarian in Terminator Armor
Terminator Assault Squad – 4 w/ Thunder hammer, Sgt with LC – In a Land Raider Redeemer with Multi Melta
Two10 man Tactical squads with ML and Flamer in Razorbacks (TL Las)
Two Rifleman Dreads
Three Typhoons
Three Preds (Autocannon and Las sponsons)

10 hard shooters with a big rock unit.... you lose on the troops in order to beef up your firepower... opponent has to choose wether to ignore the LR and focus on the shooty or to focus on the shooty and ignor the LR... both options have a cost...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the options you present. The only issue i have is objective games where the list has minimum troop requirments in half mobile half static fire transports. It seems like this list is geared toward annihilation

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
HQ-Librarian
Terminator Armor storm shield
Interesting choice, though given the terminators in your list I would suggest using Vulkan insteat. He gives them a much better buff all around, and can help the rest of your army depending on upgrades chosen.

Elites-Terminator assault squad x5
5thunder hammer storm shields
Not to bad, the land raider below is both a must and god-send for them. If your intent on the thunder hammer wielding termies though, then I would once again suggest Vulkan over your current HQ. He might be more, but his rules lend to making them that much better.

Land raider redeemer
I would suggest swapping the redeemer out for a crusader personally; the flamestorm cannons might have decent strength and AP but they are extremely short range and even more limited in use. A crusader has greater capacity, and overall more longer ranged weapons that can be used to target enemies the terminators are not going after at a decent distance.

Troops
Tac sqd x6
Razorback TL lascannon

Tac sqd x6
Razorback tl lascannon

Tac sqd x6
Razorback TL lascannon

Tac sqd x6
Razorback TL lascannon
Kind of boring if you ask me; effective but boring. At the very least I'd suggest dropping marine six from each of these and fitting in combi-melta's and/or combi-flamers since you can't get any other weapons on them.

Tac sqd x10
Rhino

Tac sqd x10
Rhino
What are they armed with? Are these just two ten man squads of bolter toting marines hiding in rhino's? If so then just spam more razorbacks and don't bother wasting your time, if they actually have some weapons than what are they?

In the end I would suggest loading both up with a powerfist, meltagun, and missile launcher or lascannon so that you can combat squad them in some missions in order to hold a home objective.

Autolas predator
Would very much suggest a second one of these because at 2k your opponent will have anti armour weapons and a single predator will not last very long.

For the points for the last two tactical squads and Vulkan I would suggest dropping one of the six man squads altogether, give their lascannon toting razorback to one of the large tactical squads in order to keep it.

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
I like the options you present. The only issue i have is objective games where the list has minimum troop requirments in half mobile half static fire transports. It seems like this list is geared toward annihilation
Completely... but IMO if you're going to run termies, then you need to have a ton of firepower to back them up... so the sacrafice for having a 450 point unit is that you cut down your troops a bit (since they're the most expensive choice)

·
Registered
220 Posts
for objective based games you use your combat squads so very wisely, holding what you can and focus a lot of energy on contesting your opponents objectives. which speeders are good for in a pinch.

OR just table him/her and you'll win!

gewd luk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts