Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

221 - 229 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
nice and simple. well done. I think that the cannon on the "dickus maximus" is somewhat bland, however...maybe a couple of shiny bits could help, if i may suggest.
great work overall!

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Great work! :good:

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Lovely models, great work with your painting! I particularly like the weathering, not too overwhelming but still a definite 'battle' tank look.

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
Are these "done" or WIP?

I like the overall effect but they don't look done to me, there are a lot of details you haven't touched yet. The giant cannon doesn't have enough going on. Looking back over the counts-as guard tanks, I think everything might be too mid-toned. And I thin the same thing is going on with these tanks. They don't look bad, but they still need "more."

The Tau suits and fire warriors look excellent. The suits could use a stronger accent colour as can the fire warriors, but the camo and other details really help to sell the gritty Tau aesthetic.

I'm usually not a fan of weathering but I think it's pretty tasteful here.

And Holy mold lines Batman! That dong-of-doom tank (I forget the name) has some really egregious mold lines on its right track housing. It would have really helped the model if those had been filled and sanded.

I know that sounds like a lot of picking, but I think these could be awesome with a little more effort.

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #229
So for the Marine tanks, they were indeed done over the course of an evening. I need to decal them up a bit, but for all intents and purposes they're done (which is good cause I need them for a game this weekend) I think the addition of some decal work will help round them out a bit.

The intent has been to go more with the whole solid color WW2 aesthetic and less of the standard 40K look and feel. Especially with the guard...

So tonight was sniper night and I painted these two up. The tau model was a really crappy cast.. and I need to put some brush around him to hide the way he's mounted. Also, with the modern sniper, I didn't like the way his ghillie suit came out so I dusted it up a bit...

221 - 229 of 229 Posts