Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've recently got into WFB and have started a Lizardmen Army. I'm looking to build it up to 3K and have everything painted and looking table top ready.

So here it goes...

First Up.. My Skinks

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Next up are my Saurus Warriors

I wasn’t really sure about their basecoat of Royal blue body and Hawk Turquoise for the scales… until I had washed them with Delvin mud and hit them with the dry brush (Ice Blue) Also, initially I had used Vallejo brass for their shiny bits, but then I went back over that with Shining Gold and really like the outcome… it gives it a nice weathered look IMO. For the bone bits (except mouth) I’m using a further wash of Gryphonne Sepia.

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A comparison between the Saurus and the Skinks – I want the army to have some continuity… but at the same time, I don’t want them to be monochrome. Both will share the Ice blue.. and the Hawk Turquoise. I’m pretty happy with them side by side.

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here’s a test model for the paint scheme for the Chameleon Skinks. I used the Knarloc Green foundation paint for the body. Washed in Delvin Mud. Highlighted in white. Then did the scales in ivory washed with Gryphonne Sepia. (BTW – cut me some slack with this guy… he’s now had 4 separate paint jobs since he was my test dummy… but I now need 21 Chameleon Skinks for my 1500 list so he needed to get added to the rest of the guys for tomorrow)

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here’s a couple of shots of Kermit - Totally a work in progress at this point... I’m using Gretchen Green as the base. Followed by a wash of Gryphonne Sepia. The white Warty bits are bleached bone. Also, for the eyes I’m using a Vallejo Jade Green… I don’t think I’m going to put a pupil in it though – more like he’s in a trance… or if I do, I think a white spot then go over it again with the Jade Green would make it look milky and hazy like he was blind or something…

Finally here’s a WIP on the throne… Cool thing.. if you put Delvin Mud over Fortress grey it gives the space sort of a marble like appearance…

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
I like your comment about the devlin mud and fortress gray. I have found graphone sepia over rotting flesh gives a good ivory for weapon handles. These guys are looking excellent although i rekon kermit would make a great great unclean one . I am particularly impressed with the backgrounds for your photos.

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's the Gothic Ruined Corner from GaleForce9's "Battlefield in a Box" -- cheap, high quality pre-painted terrain... I got tired of using shoe boxes for terrain so I bought a bunch of it for my gaming table... I just don't have the time to paint terrain... though I might change my mind once I start making Lizardmen terrain... but first I have to paint them

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Nicely painted models! Cant wait to see more man!

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very crisp style.

The Slaan skin is a good colour; however, it might pop more with a brighter metal for the jewellery.
Agree... but part of what I want to do this this army is have NO silver bits....

The gold on there is a two tone thing.. Vallejo Brass + Shining gold... The pics don't really do enough justice... Thought about going with Jade but I feared it would muddle up the effects on his eyse...

Perhaps if I go back and highlight the edges brighter, that would make him pop a bit more....

·
Registered
101 Posts
excellent paint job and clean finish, as a personal opinion, i think they'd look better with some sort of armor add on to accentuate that primal, tribe like style of the lizardmen. Maybe make a shark tooth necklace or something of the likes :so_happy:
anyways, great work, keep it up!

·
Super Moderator
8,563 Posts
The gold on there is a two tone thing.. Vallejo Brass + Shining gold... The pics don't really do enough justice... Thought about going with Jade but I feared it would muddle up the effects on his eyse...
I feel your pain on photos.

I agree with leaving the Jade off.

·
Registered
153 Posts
That throne looks really great! Nice lizards. Keep up the good work. I'll have to try that grey with mud wash when I get to painting some temples or lizardmen myself! Thanks!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I love these Lizard men! My lil' bro just started collecting them and can't wait to paint em'...

1 - 20 of 49 Posts