Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
No, they only get the +1 when using their own Leadership. The question becomes, if the Command squad is all in btb, is the Officers leadership boosted for units using his Leadership? Personal opinion, no, but it's up in the air.

·
Premium Member
6,544 Posts
I'd have to say no-- Close Order Drill is most likely intended to represent the morale boost a squad gets from being in a comfortable position. A squad that's scattered and thinking about falling back isn't going to care whether the captain's flag sergeant is close enough to give him a reacharound-- they're going to care about what the captain has to say over the vox. Now, a Commissar's leadership... that's a slightly different issue. His definitely carries down the vox line. I think it specifically says that somewhere, though...

·
Registered
325 Posts
does it? :?: i fought a guard army last year at the gt, he took a commisar in has command squad and said the additional ld travels down the wire and i thought nothing more of it but i checked it out when i got home anyway. the only ref i could find was an entry that said the officer gets +1 ld for morale checks etc that affect his own squad, technically you could say he's the army commander and every squad is HIS OWN :x but the wording of this para seems rather ambiguous. i'd be very happy if someone could give me a definitive answer inc publication, chapter, page number and paragraph :lol:

·
Banned
801 Posts
Let us approach this question logically.

The Commissar increases everybody's leadership because other peopel are afraid that if they run away they will shoot him, making them less likely to run away.

Even in 40K, you cannot shoot people via radio channels.

As such, the Commissar cannot shoot people through radio channels.

This means the people on his radio are not intimidated by his firepower, and as such are no longer subject to the bonus leadership.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts