Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , Just a few questions ive been pondering about.

1. falling back and the other squad chasing after them to wipe them out
HOW DO YOU DO THAT ?

2. What to do in a drawn combat ?

If you could please answer by telling me how to do it step by step.

cheers Jake

·
Registered
73 Posts
Drawn combat- just stay where you are, unless you have hit and run. YOu just slug it out next round as well.

Chasing em down- if oyu take mor ewounds in combat, test leadership. YOu apply modifiers from the BGB as noted in the assault section. Pass, nothing happens, just like drawn combat. Fail, and you fall back 2d6 inches (3d6 for some units). Before this fall back, both sides roll a d6 and add their units respective initiative. If the falling back unit wins, nothing happens except running 2d6 inches towards their table edge. If the falling back unit fails, they all die and the winning unit moves 1d6 consolidation.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The only thing that I don't get is if the failing unit fail the test, they will die even if they are in a squad of 20 against an other of 2....???

·
Registered
21 Posts
So there is no way to do a tactical withdraw to counter attack after...

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
The only thing that I don't get is if the failing unit fail the test, they will die even if they are in a squad of 20 against an other of 2....???
Yep. Had a single Grey Knight wipe out a squad of Kroot and in another game I had a squad of Tau Gun Drones wipe out a squad of Chaos Termies. Gettin the low end of that Init roll can really suck.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Space Marines cant be swept like that and instead are re-locked in combat to suffer the No Retreat!! rule in the next assault phase.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts