Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to pack two painted metal obliterators for international flight, and despite lots of padding and other meausres, they took some damage during the trip. more than that, they got all dirty and somewhat dusty from paper shavings and toner/printer ink.

Is there any good way to clean models without risking damaging the paint job? They are my best work so far and I'd hate to lose all my effort.

thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
I would suggest cold soapy water, and a very light sponging - the trouble you will have is that GW paint is water based and although the paint is hard once dry it can sometimes lift if not adhered well.

If your models were given a protective varnish coat after painting then they should be fairly robust.

My only fear would be that most things which will remove toner ink will risk the paint too.

Good luck in removing it, hopefully someone has more experienced advice

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
It sounds asthough the paint job may already be ruinded. If that is the case, a soak in simple green should do the trick.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Maybe try using a can of compressed air/ careful vaccuming?

Probably won't work though. I second the Simple Green.
I third the simple green. Also try and take a few cotton swabs and running the cleaner over the troubled areas first and if that doesn't work go with the full bath in simple green.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts