Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a crazy idea I had for my love of Dreadnoughts.

Master of the Forge
Ironstone

Techmarine
Servo Harness

Techmarine
Servo Harness

Techmarine
Servo Harness

Servitor squad
x3, Servo Arms, with MotF

Tactical Squad
4+1, Missile Launcher, Razorback w/ TLLC

Tactical Squad

Tactical Squad

Tactical Squad
5+1, Missile Launcher, Razorback w/ TLLC

Dreadnought
x2 TLAC

Dreadnought
x2 TLAC

Dreadnought
x2 TLAC

Dreadnought
x2 TLAC

Dreadnouht
x2 TLAC

Dreadnought
x2 TLAC

Technoseer (OM Inquisitor)
Psyker w/ Divination, x3 Servo Skulls

Inquisitorial Henchmen
x3 Servitors w/ Heavy Bolters, x2 Jok Weaponsmiths

Aegis w/ Icarus Lascannon

Alright, so maybe the Inquisitorial Detachment was a little cheesy, but I felt like it could fit with the theme of having some sort of tech adept. The servitors certainly fit nicely. The MotF is a support HQ in this army, using his servitors, the Ironstone, and the Ruakaan bonus to keep the Rifleman forces moving along. Three of the four tactical squads gets a Techmarine riding along to keep the Razorbacks healthy, while the last one just gets an extra marine. The Inquisitor casts Prescience on his own personal gunline squad, which sits on the Aegis with him unloading anything they feel like, while the Inquisitor himself is manning the Icarus.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Great for mid-level anti vehicle... not so useful against AV14 or horde armies. With the extra servitors on the master of the forge I'd probably drop the ironstone though. It doesn't really do that much. I have yet to get any of the IWD rolls to save a vehicle. :-/

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, there were 4 razorbacks with TL-Lascannons and a bunch of power fists on the techmarines. I liked the Ironstone from what I read of it, but I could drop it and turn 2 dreads into missile/lascannon.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'd put my faith in a couple drop pod dreads with MM's over extra las cannons.... The twin-linked razorbacks are nice, but I'm just disheartened with las overall.

In all honesty I think Iron Hands are a dread assault force and not a sit back and shoot, I can definitely see venerable dreads with assault cannons and fists alongside iron clads marching forward within the bubble of a land raider crusader with the Chapter Master sporting the gorgon's chain, the iron stone, and a chaplain + centurion assault squad.

A couple scouts with sniper rifles and cloaks in the back ground as well as one or two tac squad with some flakk missiles and flamers holding objectives backfield.

A force that is so in your face, so quickly that it can't be ignored and will be extremely hard to deal with... that's me though ;)

·
Registered
199 Posts
So roughly:

CM - Gorgon/Iron stone
3x - Assault Centurions w - Land Raider Crusader
2x (5 man) scouts with cloaks and rifles
2x (10 man) tacs with Flakk & flamers
2x Iron clad with dual HK's/hf
2x Dreads with las cannons/hf
1 Dread with MM/hf w - drop pod
1 tech marine/servo harness/bike (hangs with tacs until dispatched for repair)

Approx: 2000ish points

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I understand what you're suggesting here, EK... but that's literally a complete rewrite of my list. The only similarity at all is that it's also Ruakaan. I was going for a heavily mechanized (Mechs, not mechanical vehicles) list and was also thematic by having the Techmarines, and using them as almost 'sergeants', supporting the small squads of Tac Marines.

As I said, if I need more heavy firepower, the Ironstone could be used to upgrade two of the Dreadnoughts to Hellfire configurations.

Upgrading to 2500 points would probably involve an allied detachment... The Chapter wouldn't matter, but I could put in another MotF, 2 Riflemen, and a small tacsquad. :grin:

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I may have designed something even crazier than the last list....

Primary Detachment: Clan Ruakaan

Master of the Forge

Techmarine
Servo Harness

Techmarine
Servo Harness

Tactical Squad
4+1, Missile Launcher w/ Flak

Tactical Squad

Tactical Squad