Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Fantasy Rumors
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
via an anonymous source on Faeit 212
This is from the November White Dwarf, Clan Raukaan is an Iron Hands codex supplement set for digital release in November. Here are some of the details mentioned
-Iron Hands companies are named after the clans of Medusa, and Clan Raukaan is the largest of these.
-Battles vs chapters arch rival- The Slaanesh Prince the Saphire King
-Rules for fielding Clan Raukaan including the standard;
Chapter Relics,
Apocalypse Datasheets,
Stratagems for Planetstrike, Cities of Death
Altar of War

Kardan Stronos is also mentioned as the Iron Father of Clan Raukaan, but might just be part of the background.

·
Jeepers
1,354 Posts
I'll get it for the fluff. God damn it i want information on the Medusan Skywar!

I don't see is changing my Iron Hands at all if im honest unless it gives genuine bonuses to my Iron Hands beyond the CT. But I'll wait until I see it, look how many times WSs were the first supplement time and time again, then we get Imperial Fists instead.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Oh to be an Iron Warriors player right now! Getting all the loves from GW and FW. About bloody time too!

This whole "Company" suppliments has me a little miffed though. Do they really think they will end up doing more than one Suppliment per chapter. Be nice if they could get around to doing some God Specific books for Chaos as well. Because you know, since they've got that Black Legion dex that people were crying out for for years out of the way....

But no really, IH suppliment good to see. If they do it well.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
they better do that terminator in squad thing i seem to remember the Ironhands doing. . .

wow, talk now that i said it can you imagine trying to challenge a squad like that with out a dedicated close combat guy?

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
I think they retconned that in the new Dex. It used to be they did that because the IH didn't have many of TDA because of the beatdown they got during the HH. Now it's not the case apparently.

·
Jeepers
1,354 Posts
I think they retconned that in the new Dex. It used to be they did that because the IH didn't have many of TDA because of the beatdown they got during the HH. Now it's not the case apparently.
It's not been retconned, it's just hasn't been mentioned since the Index Article, so it's not out of the realms of possibility it may make a return via supplement, but I doubt it since that's a Space Dog thing now.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Can't wait to see what they come up with for the Sallies, I'd love a 1st Co. Firedrakes supplement, but they'll probably do one of the other companies. Also the individual company approach, could mean that some of the other codexes that I thought wouldn't be bale to have a supplement, like DA's, could end up getting one.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Nice artwork.

Although that bionic arm looks a little, scrawny to me......

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I wonder if anything will be familiar from Wrath of Iron, or will we see the usual total disconnect between BL and the codex writers?
lets assume there familiar with Wrath of Iron, what would that mean?

·
Mr Fantastic
231 Posts
Nice artwork.

Although that bionic arm looks a little, scrawny to me......
Stunning artwork, but other way round for me, the arm looks perfect, but the head?? Not sure, something is just not right about it.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
I wonder if anything will be familiar from Wrath of Iron, or will we see the usual total disconnect between BL and the codex writers?
Now now, GW seems to have been in contact with AD-B a good amount for the Black Legion supplement, and the first book in that series of his hasn't even come out yet.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
The question about the arm does seem to be a re-accuring one. I don't have a massive problem with it. I assume it's made to be able to fit inside the armour should it need to.

·
Fantasy Rumors
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
just leaving this here

via GWdigital editions
Hey everyone,
Welcome to your weekly look into the world of Games Workshop Digital Editions. Today, we take a look at the next codex supplement coming to an iPad near you! (Or a phone, tablet, computer or eReader.)

Clan Raukaan is the second supplement for Codex: Space Marines, following on from Sentinels of Terra last month. The main focus of the book is the 3rd Company of the Iron Hands, but this is also by far the most comprehensive look at the background of the whole Chapter we’ve made yet, covering their 10,000 year history of battle in the Emperor’s name.

The Iron Hands are famous for two things: their reliance on machines, and the fact their Primarch lost his head in the heat of battle (literally and figuratively).
The new rules in the supplement represent both, with alternate modes of army selection allowing you to call on the armored might of Clan Raukaan, and Warlord Traits that mean your commander either embraces his Primarch’s legacy of battle fury, or has learned from his mistakes, and approaches battle with a cold, murderous logic. There’s also an impressive new arsenal of relics, fit for the champions of Medusa.

One of our favorite parts of the book is the Echoes of War section. These missions allow you to recreate famous battles from Clan Raukaan’s history.
One in particular caught our eye - Ambush on Skarvus – where the Iron Hands take on their ancestral foes: the Emperor’s Children. What’s particularly cool about this mission is how the artwork and photography accompanying it really capture the bitter struggle between these hated foes.

You’ll be able to pre-order your copy of Clan Raukaan this Saturday, both as an interactive edition for Apple iBooks, and an eBook Edition for your phone, tablet, eReader and computer.

The other big news this month, is of course, the release of Codex: Inquisition, which is now available to preorder. Thanks to all of you who’ve shared in your images of Inquisitors on our Facebook page. This week, if you have any painted Iron Hands, please post them up – we’d love to see them.

We’ll be back next week with some more details from Clan Raukaan.
Thanks for reading everyone.
http://www.blacklibrary.com/Blog/clan-raukaan.html

edit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aVzm4rlDCBY

1 - 16 of 16 Posts