Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wrangling with a mixed iron fist and white scars list. I like the models and mythology of the irons fists and the chapter tactics of the white scars.

By means of comparison, here's a pure iron fist list, which I actually feel pretty good about. Rock hard warlord, maximum use of the chapter tactics and I think a tough list. But would appreciate the opinions of the experts....

HQ

Chapter Master, bike, artificer armour, gorgon chain, lightning fist, thunderhammer, storm shield
Techmarine, servo harness, servitor
Techmarine, servo harness, servitor

Troops

6 bikes, 2 gravguns, sergeant with combi-grav,
7 space marines, 1 x melta, sergeant with combimelta

Elite

Ironclad dreadnought

Heavy

Ironclad dreadnought with double heavy flamers
Land Raider Crusader with multimelta (techmarine servitor and tactical marines go here)
Stormraven (techmarine servitor Flamer ironclad goes here)

That comes to 1496pts. I feel I should be able to keep my key vehicles alive with the techmarines who will get +3 to their vehicle healing. Would have love to have got the ironstone into the land raider and move him up with the ironclad dreadnought but it would mean changing one of the techmarines into a MoF and couldn't find the points to do it.

I am a bit worried that the chapter master wont really get his points back but I guess I will just have to try him out and see.

I am a bit concerned that the bikes wont really pay off and are too vulnerable as they are the only exposed unit.

So here is an alternative list. Is this better or worse?

HQ

Chapter Master, artificer armour, gorgon chain, lightning fist, thunderhammer (goes in land raider)
Techmarine, servitorx2 (goes in land raider)
Techmarine, servitor (goes in stormraven)

Troops

6 tactical marines with flamer
6 tactical marines with flamer

Elite

5 x assault terminators (go in stormraven)

Fast Attack

Stormtalon with skyhammer missile launcher

Heavy

Ironclad dreadnought with double heavy flamers (goes in stormraven)
Land Raider Crusader with multimelta (techmarine servitor and tactical marines go here)
Stormraven (terminators, techmarine servitor Flamer ironclad goes here)

I like the flexiblity of the second list. I am not sure what works better.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts