Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SO here's the list, ready, set, fire away!!!

Grey Seer
+Skalm, Power Stone, Talisman of Preservation
Chieftain BSB
+Armour of Silvered Steel, Luckstone
50 Clanrats
+FC, Shields, Doomflayer

Warlock Engineer
+Lvl1, Warp-Energy Condenser
50 Clanrats
+Banner, Music, Shields, Doomflayer

Warlock Engineer
+Doomrocket
50 Slaves
+Spears, Music

50 Slaves
+Spears, Music

18 Giant Rats
+2 Packmasters

5 Rat Ogres
+3 Packmasters, Master Bred

5 Rat Ogres

Total: 2000

Well I guess it's obvious who goes in wich unit.
Any comments welcome(preferable comments who help me make a better list, like showing a weak point or so).

P.S.: I play with friends and we decided to forbid the power scroll since it can destroy a game which would otherwise be fun, so don't tell me "get the scroll and cast 13th on his costliest elite unit"

·
Registered
147 Posts
Well, aside from the obvious fact that this army would be absolutely terrifyingly effective at the 2000 point level, I have to wonder one thing: can you actually fit that many rats into your deployment zone? Seriously. It doesn't seem like you could easily squeeze three hordes plus all those big-based rat ogres, weapons teams, and giant rats into your starting zone and have ANY way to manuever on turn one.

It seems like you could better equip your BSB and Seer to keep them alive because they are, of course, the key to this army's success. I'd probably lose the warpstone tokens and the power stone to try to better protect the Seer with some sort of Enchanted Item, and you should be able to do better than the Luckstone for your BSB. . .Skalm anyone?

I'd love the chance to face the army as it is, though . . . nice job.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, aside from the obvious fact that this army would be absolutely terrifyingly effective at the 2000 point level, I have to wonder one thing: can you actually fit that many rats into your deployment zone? Seriously. It doesn't seem like you could easily squeeze three hordes plus all those big-based rat ogres, weapons teams, and giant rats into your starting zone and have ANY way to manuever on turn one.
<Perhaps a little bit big, but if I just play on a big board, and about the manoeuvring, if there's no room for my rats to maneouvre, it's also hard to manoeuvre so that you cna make a flank charge, without first having to kill the ROgres>
It seems like you could better equip your BSB and Seer to keep them alive because they are, of course, the key to this army's success. I'd probably lose the warpstone tokens and the power stone to try to better protect the Seer with some sort of Enchanted Item<Skalm perhaps on the seer> , and you should be able to do better than the Luckstone for your BSB. . .Skalm anyone? <The BSB has Armor of Silvered Steel(2+ AS), wich costs 45 points, so yes luckstone is the best I can still get>I'd love the chance to face the army as it is, though . . . nice job.
So I'll give the seer Skalm and well perhaps fit in less rats, though I think moulder needs a horde style:p

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, here is a revised list, put less focus on the seer, so people won't bother that much with killing the seer and making ti less bad when he's dead(Warlord is general now)

Warlord on Bonebreaker
+Enchanted Shield, Talisman of Preservation, Sword of Might
Chieftain BSB
+Armour of Silvered Steel, Luckstone
40 Clanrats
+Music, Banner, Shields, Doomflayer

Grey Seer
+Talisman of Endurance
40 Clanrats
+Banner, Music, Shields, Doomflayer

Warlock Engineer
+Doomrocket
50 Slaves
+Spears, Music

Warlock
+Brass Orb
50 Slaves
+Spears

18 Giant Rats
+2 Packmasters

5 Rat Ogres

4 Rat Ogres

Total: 2000

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BTW my seer will take plague, but exchange 1 spell for skitterleap to skitterleap the brass orb warlock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts