Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Now I am not sure that this is 100% legit. I found this today on /TG/ over on 4Chan, so take with a box of salt, but it could be legit. I've put it up as a spoiler.

Thoughts? Don't want this posted? Makes you want the book more? Where do you heretics stand on this?

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Heretics, not Heritics.

And yes this is a scene from The First Heretic and a rather pivotal scene for all of 30k itself. Be advised before you read this that its HEAVY SPOILERS!.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Heretics, not Heritics.

And yes this is a scene from The First Heretic and a rather pivotal scene for all of 30k itself. Be advised before you read this that its HEAVY SPOILERS!.
Frankly, I'm in the state of mind to positive-rep Lord of the Night, and heavily minus-rep you with my gloriously punitive 7...... :grin:

.... Seriously. The First Heretic is perhaps one of the top five most... revealing books with the Horus Heresy series thus far, with conveyances underpinning the Heresy itself. If I hadn't seen the ''Heavy Spoilers'' warning, then I would probably have had this book tarnished ever so slightly, when I come to read it.

I couldn't care less whether a Moderator reprimands me with a whip or a collar, fuck this spoiler right off, or put substantial warnings around it.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
No problem Bobss, and feel free to rep me if you wish, every point of it helps :)

But I agree as well, this post should be deleted because this spoiler is very very heavy, and if anyone reads it then they spoil a massive part of not only the book but the Heresy itself.

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
Yeah that scene happened at the conclusion of the Pilgrimage, and is a great tidbit which I imagine will be built on (at least with more rumour and suspicion) in following Heresy novels which deal with the XIII Legion.

The book overall is a great read, check out the reviews subforums to see discussion and opinions on it. :)

and feel free to rep me if you wish, every point of it helps :)
Im still winning! :p

But I agree as well, this post should be deleted because this spoiler is very very heavy, and if anyone reads it then they spoil a massive part of not only the book but the Heresy itself.
I don't think so, its behind a spoiler tag, thats all that can be done. You can't exactly ban those of us who have read the book from talking about it, as long as its behind spoiler tags it's fine.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
No problem Bobss, and feel free to rep me if you wish, every point of it helps :)

Exactly. I am all for members who have read said novel to starting their own discussions about the theme's, revelations, impacts and portrayels of The First Heretic, and generally anything surrounding it (Although your review provides an ample place for such) But this is akin to an MIRV in Fallout 3. Bad aim, not much warning, deadly reprecussions.

Of course, I could in antithesis, be blaimed for not reading this tome as soon as physically possible, if I am so enthused by it, but.... I am thinking of many other members hear, and I would like to finish The Killing Ground first....

On the exiled Heresy Chat Cain has already told me that
and as much as those are technically ''spoilers'' they are no-where near as hammering as the one above. So, perhaps some form of adjective/adverb be added to ''Spoiler'' to help emphasise the content of the tag.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Im still winning! :p
Then theres only one thing to do... LET THE REP RACE BEGIN!

(Bobss please rep me so I can tie with CotE and show him up :))

I don't think so, its behind a spoiler tag, thats all that can be done. You can't exactly ban those of us who have read the book from talking about it, as long as its behind spoiler tags it's fine.
I suppose but people should be warned that these are heavy spoilers, the kind that can ruin a big part of a novel with the curse of foreknowledge.

Exactly. I am all for members who have read said novel to starting their own discussions about the theme's, revelations, impacts and portrayels of The First Heretic, and generally anything surrounding it (Although your review provides an ample place for such) But this is akin to an MIRV in Fallout 3. Bad aim, not much warning, deadly reprecussions.

Of course, I could in antithesis, be blaimed for not reading this tome as soon as physically possible, if I am so enthused by it, but.... I am thinking of many other members hear, and I would like to finish The Killing Ground first....

On the exiled Heresy Chat Cain has already told me that
and as much as those are technically ''spoilers'' they are no-where near as hammering as the one above. So, perhaps some form of adjective/adverb be added to ''Spoiler'' to help emphasise the content of the tag.
Take your time and read The First Heretic when your able to do so, but don't wait too long. Its too good not to read.

Also you didn't read those spoilers above did you?, or did my heavy spoilers warning prevent it in time?.

·
Registered
142 Posts
clear answer;

MAKES ME WANT THE BOOK MORE!

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
So, epic spoiler and a rep race in one thread, we are gods amongst men.
:wink: Our hubris may yet be our undoing, but for now, let us enjoy it....

And yes, Lord of the Night. I read a few scarce sentences, something of Lorgar in... meditation? Before scrolling down and realising that I should not read on, and I intend to: I took my time with both A Thousand Sons, Horus Rising and even Fulgrim. I loved Nemesis and Descent of Angels, but these books... never really... captured the essense? Of the Heresy as McNeill, Abnett and perhaps Bowden can do. And for me, that rose-tinted, nostalgic view of 30k is the most important factor of ''ingrediant'' within a novel of this calibre.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.