Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
I was thinking about having it clasp a scroll or book or such.
very nice touch. there are plenty of tasty books in recent sprues. I suggest the one found in the wh40k terminator chaos lord/sorceror

·
Registered
633 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Nice work. That statue is one of my favourite pieces of fantasy terrain, and it fits damn well in with my pegasus models chapel and 4ground houses!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
Thanks @Iraqiel! I always appreciate your commentary! I bought the set specifically for the statue, though I had to clean it up a bit (the skull for example).

Got the small building (nearly) finished, only the doorhinge needs to be painted. Found some brilliant posters online that I used on the wall.

Hope you like 'm!

·
Registered
633 Posts
These things look great. I have to say I'm inspired to take a crack at building a building myself. Found a nice tube at work I'm planing on turning into some kind of tower.
Keep up the great work and maybe a tutorial might be thought about.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
wow. great stuff, as always.. and i'm just here contemplating to buy the "4ground" scenery to play a decent mordheim...

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Thanks @Iraqiel! I always appreciate your commentary! I bought the set specifically for the statue, though I had to clean it up a bit (the skull for example).

Got the small building (nearly) finished, only the doorhinge needs to be painted. Found some brilliant posters online that I used on the wall.
Well mate, I appreciate your updates, very inspiring. I like how you've done the plaster look on that latest one too, looking good!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Thanks guys! These buildings take a very long time to complete, but I'll try to document the progress of my next building for tutorial purposes. In the mean time @Roganzar, if you have any questions or would like some tips, you can always send me a PM. I'm looking forward to your work :).

Those 4Ground buildings look really good @neferhet! Albeit expensive...

Oh and @Iraqiel, the plaster look is done by using plaster. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
Very nice stuff! I used to do things like this when I was younger and had more time. Now I barely get time to play, much less do intricate things such as this. On the upside I have more money than then so I've started building a collection of Tabletop World buildings!

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Those 4Ground buildings look really good @neferhet! Albeit expensive...
Expensive to build a complete city from, but still cheap compared to GW...

Oh and @Iraqiel, the plaster look is done by using plaster. ;)

You and your indecipherable gypsy magic!

I've started building a collection of Tabletop World buildings!
Awesome stuff DeathKlokk, my wife has promised me their watchtower for christmas!

·
Registered
3,694 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Thanks again guys! I have actually looked at the tabletop world buidlings for inspiration. They are absolutely beautiful, though I'm not sure they'd work well in Mordheim on their own.

You and your indecipherable gypsy magic!
I do actually add a special ingredient to my plaster mixture: wood glue. It makes the plaster a lot stronger and easier to paint, by binding it more strongly together and making it less porous. I guess PVA-glue would have a similar effect.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
I do actually add a special ingredient to my plaster mixture: wood glue. It makes the plaster a lot stronger and easier to paint, by binding it more strongly together and making it less porous. I guess PVA-glue would have a similar effect.
AH! He shared with us the secret of his power! THE FOOL!!! And now, let's all become master modelists with this knowledge! MUAHMUAHMUAH!!!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #56 (Edited)
Last week, we had another scenery-building day, and the buildings of my friends progress steadily now!

I do not have prictures of all buildings individually at the moment, so here's only one:

Please note that this is NOT my work!

Please note that this is NOT my work!

I do have some pictures of the city put together (albeit hastily):

And Mordheim by night:

·
Registered
1 Posts
As owner of the three prefabs on the city-table, and builder of the multi-storey town house (and close friend of Tha Tall One), I've had the privilege to watch the progress on Tha Tall One's buildings from close by. I'm very happy to be a part of this project, and was inspired and encouraged to work harder on my building because of all your amazing praises! So, thanks for that everyone.

In addition we played a small game of Mordheim in the city a few weeks ago, and even though not all buildings were finished, we couldn't finish the match (because we we're also busy with working our plaster gipsy magic on my building) and it was only a small introduction game, we still had a lot of fun. As compared to some video battle reports, the height and accessibility of some of the buildings we used, as well as the wall, gave quite a lot of depth to the game, which was very interesting and fun indeed.

In the meantime my building has progressed somewhat further, the higher roof is done, except for the dormer-roof. Also the plaster is done, which turned out quite nicely after a quick sanding. If I find the time I will try and get some pictures online here, for those interested. I also have some pictures here and there of earlier stages of the building process, and will try and find as much of them as possible (since it is already more than two years since we started with this project, but I took very long brakes, and sometimes even waited for months before Tha Tall One hosted the next scenery building day).

41 - 60 of 68 Posts