Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
eh, those are going to be great. let's see how you do fare with sculpting!

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
I might not be into warhammer anymore, but these are some nice pieces of scenery. Really good work.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Wow, very true to the new game and very chaosy! Are you going to do a partial chaos star over the hood as though it's been made from a banner?

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Chaos banners would however be quite rare in an empire city I think...
Oh, I don't know... hidden shrines in the sewers, trophies from conquests of some noble lining a hall, perhaps a corrupt patron keeping a secret room for his cultists to meet and plot... I'm sure there could be a few reasons to find one there. Plus, Mordheim is a bit of a nasty place to be generally!

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Looks good. Tell me, how did you do the brickwork? Is it just some time spent very patiently scoring away at a foamboard outer layer?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Looks good. Tell me, how did you do the brickwork? Is it just some time spent very patiently scoring away at a foamboard outer layer?
Yes, each and every line was carved into the foam with a toothpick. Mistakes were erased with milliput, and I've had to erase some major mistakes on the backside of the gate. I'm currently working on the woodwork of the guardhouse atop the gate.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Here's a picture of the gate finished. The doors are separable from the rest of the piece, making it perfect for both sieges and Mordheim. As a matter of fact, you might have seen the wall used in my latest siege.

I will post more pictures when the weather (and therefore lighting) is better.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
That magister is creepy...reminds me of KKK... only that they don't hate just black people...they hate everyone! Even themselves!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
That magister is creepy...reminds me of KKK... only that they don't hate just black people...they hate everyone! Even themselves!
Yes, I'm quite happy with his creepyness. Interestingly, Spanish flagellants rocked this look long before the racists did, and are probably the inspiration for the KKK. Curiously, any flagellants were prosecuted by the Spanish inquisition, making them kind of a secret cult. However, I won't paint his robes white.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Nice wall!
Those religious fanatics though...:biggrin:

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
what about a big eye instead of an hand?

21 - 40 of 68 Posts