Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there. I 'm new to your forum, so nice to find you. Less than a month ago, I started to build a city, so that it will make a 40k terrain, as well as it will help us play Necromunda and Cities of death. The main idea is to build 15 buildings, that when you put them on a table painted as a street, they'll make a city 4'x4'. Well, I 'm going to show you what I almost finished till now, just in a way to have your comments so that to know if my work is ok, or what to improve. (Sorry for my english)

What you see in this post, are 2 buildings in a wip stage, but almost finished (pavements, street lights e.t.c. are to be done)
(moderators, if you see something wrong in the way I post my work, please mention it..)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Very nice. How long have you been making terrain?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Very impressive. I'd like to see them laid out as the street you're planning.
Thank you for your comment Khorne's First.
You will see them laid out as the street I'm planning soon, as the limit for this commission job is, to have at least 7 of them ready, till the 17th of next month.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Nice work, I am sure to take some inspiration on my CoD board I am working on.

If you want to look at mine I have, what I would like to believe is a good modular system set up, the building you have created would work very well with a similar set of base boards.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice work, I am sure to take some inspiration on my CoD board I am working on.

If you want to look at mine I have, what I would like to believe is a good modular system set up, the building you have created would work very well with a similar set of base boards.
Thank you Bubblematrix, for your kind comment. If I understand well (I dont understand well what you mean,due to some english probs I got) you mean that if the bases of the building have the same size, it would work well as a modular terrain? Cause, if so, I shall say that the whole project I am building follows this pattern. You can take 2 building and build a bigger block of buildings, or leave them alone. The whole city map is made by multiples of 6, so that I could play with the modularity this offers..

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Yeah that was what I was saying, I was also suggesting that a modular set of streets helps in placing the buildings and creates a fully modular terrain set

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
very very nice work + rep. would you mind telling me what materials you used as i am looking at building some terrain for my club because we are too cheap-assed to buy terrain and yours looks very nice

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Looking good as ever, I like the pavement work - I presume this is polystyrene/styrofoam tiles?

I like the bare brick part, I may need to use that idea on my buildings also.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
These are very impressive buildings. I would like to see a picture of the inside of the first building. Have some +rep for some great scenary.

Oh and welcome to Heresy.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hello, Thank you for your kind comments, nice to find you all here, in this new place for me, and thank you for the reputation points.
I believe that on Monday (This weekend I 'll be off) I 'll be able to shoot some more pictures of those two buildings, including some interior. I hope I 'll have the last building painted too.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hello guys, thnx for the comments, and for the rep. as well!

Mostly as a color we use what we got. hehe! I mean we have both GW and Vallejo paints, so we use any of those brands. (the GW are what we bought when we started modeling, and Vallejo is what we chose to continue with, especially in what concerns the miniatures' painting).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts