Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you haven't played CoD yet, well, what are you waiting for? It actually makes for a very interesting game and opens up all kinds of new possibilities of list design and tactics. Having said all that, the following issue came up at the end of the game which really took me by suprise:

The mission we played was where your unit 'occupies' a building and basically plants a flag there. He who has the most flags wins the game. I was told (ironically, during the last turn at the most critical point in the game for me) that my Falcon can not occupy a ruin. I looked all through the CoD book and the term 'occupy' is not defined. He advised me that the Falcon hovers over the terrain and can not try to enter it.

1. Aside from being told this last minute, what does the term 'occupy' mean in the case of CoD? I'm failing to see the difference between a Predator driving into a ruin, taking up firing positions vs. a Falcon hovering right above it taking up firing positions.

2. I thought skimmers can enter difficult terrain, but must make a dangerous terrain test. I'm pretty sure there is a piece of Tau vehicle gear that gives a reroll for such failed tests, thus demonstrating skimmers can indeed enter terrain.

I appreciate any input you folks have.

·
Banned
801 Posts
'Occupying', though I lack the resource right now, would imply that the unit is within the building, and is thus concelaed fully by it, and very much capable of resisting other attmepts to enter. Your gravtank, on the other hand, is not in the building at all. When you say they're the same thing, you're saying being inside a box and on top of a box are the same thing.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I get to eat some crow. Page 9 of the CoD book is as clear as crystal that Skimmers can not occupy a building. It even makes reference this becomes important as some missions require units to occupy a building.

My fault for not knowing the rule.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Occupying = scoring unit. Your rule book has the info on scoring units. The Falcon counts as a scoring unit.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm pretty sure I found the relevant info. Could you provide the reference that scoring unit=occupying. COD is pretty new, so I'm starting to find the subtle differences.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I'm not sure where it's at...you may need to call teh rules boys. I may be wrong but that is how I play it.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
pathwinder14 said:
Occupying = scoring unit. Your rule book has the info on scoring units. The Falcon counts as a scoring unit.
Unless using Cities of Death rules.............

1 - 9 of 9 Posts