Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although this has no bearing on RAW or even RAI, I thought all the rules folks might get a kick out of seeing what one venue just ruled on bugs...

Here's the link to the post detailing it:

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?p=642508#post642508

Some of you will cheer, some of you will groan, I even expect some to curse at the Robin Cruddace once more.

:biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
5,719 Posts
..and some of us will be glad to not be playing in Cali.

Coincidently I am glad to be doing most things not in Cali...

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
*chuckles evily*

I agree with you DK. I hate doing anything in California. Which is surprising since I happen to be trapped.... I mean live here.

Hence why the venue I am going to is out of state.
I don't want to say where, mainly because I don't want to get there and everyone be playing nids.
But its definetly not in California.

Seriously though, the California venue has somebad mojo from last years tournament, with allegations of the judges pushing the locals into the top 3 spots by a series of poor rulings, questionable disqualifications, and loweringplayers scores before entering them.

After witnessing this happen once myself at that location in a different tournament, I won't go back.
(Since when does a painted army get a lower paint score then a white primer army?)

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
I love their justifications... "X is a better version of Y, so we think it should gain ability Z, because it makes it better". Ok, well I think that a Lascannon is a better version of a Lasgun, but I don't make it able to hit units inside of a transport, do I? Sigh. Obviously whoever made the rulings has their Nid army all built and painted, and can't be bothered to drop them in favour of another army.

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
Until that last part I was wondering why people were complaining about it... but yeah, that Doom ruling is stupid.

·
4,491 Posts
Working on units inside vehicles is reasonable, as long as the unit inside the vehicle gets a 4+ cover save, and they are able to ignore morale checks while embarked inside the vehicle.

The fact that they dont get a cover save is rediculous. The fact that they disembark and run like bitches is absolutely over-the-top ridiculous.

LRC + 7 Termies and HQ, surround with gaunts and drop Doom, fail leadership, cant disembark, whole unit destroyed.:blackeye:

·
Registered
650 Posts
lol, why would a brain melting aura allow cover to interfere? Let alone not be affecting people in vehicles, what do they have psyker protective armour plating? lol but that is all from a fluff standpoint, balance issues and all that, yadda yadda, I get it, but its funny to think about nonetheless.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
and i'm glad i don't play Tornys.
The first i'm fine with for a tempary FAQ, the Second is confusing but i know it means that unless you are in contact with terrain or in area terrain then no cover saves which is fine and what i have always played it as.
The can go sit in the corner for the Wings thing tho i can't say much for ther sorce as i don't have the Choas Codex but i have always belived that they can't deep stikme as they only move as if and not are jump infantry. The last is fine but there "we will run out of the transport" i find hard to swallow but thats a long turm matter that GW STILL need to sort out.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
What ever happned to "cant target units in transports?"

THey just made up the part where people run from a transport lol! what a bunch of dicks.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I agree with you DK. I hate doing anything in California. Which is surprising since I happen to be trapped.... I mean live here.
No wonder man. You live in fucking Redding. Of course you hate it there. The only good places to live in Cali (actually make that anywhere) are on the coast.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Living in California, for those that don't understand, is like being a Guardsman in a Chimera with the Doom of Malan'tai staring in the firing ports at you.

Trapped and doomed.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Those rulings look pretty good, except for the breaking out of transports thing at the end.

That said, as long as everything that can cause such an effect (Gets Hot, psykers, etc) follows those rules and evryone is aware of that ruling in advance it should be fine.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Living in California, for those that don't understand, is like being a Guardsman in a Chimera with the Doom of Malan'tai staring in the firing ports at you.

Trapped and doomed.
Apparently they put something in the water up there in Redding, because you must be crazy to say something like that.

EDIT: Where else would you want to live?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I was born in Long Beach.
I grew up in Vallejo.

I left and went to Florida as soon as I was 18.

I came back for a visit 9 years ago and ended up marrying a California woman, and haven't been able to convince her to leave.

High unemployment, lax drug enforcement and illegal immigration laws, and high taxes all have a detrimental effect on my view point of this state.

Also take into consideration I have two children and Redding is the dumping ground for pedophiles getting out of High Desert.

I have more reasons to leave then stay, and the only real thing that is stopping me is the loss I would take on selling my home, what with CA's property value decline in the last 3 years.
Strangely enough, my property taxes have increased each year for the last 3 years. Go figure.

Did you know that the Federal Government approved over $1000 extra to be given out thru the Pell grant? Did you know that in response to that, California raised tutition at it's state universitys by 30%?
Who got the federal education money? Not the students. Not the schools. No the state of California stole that money right out from under us.

So yeah, I have a few issues with this state. Some people enjoy the craziness here, but its not for everyone.

As for where else I would like to live? I've put thought into going back to Jacksonville, or somewhere in the suburbs of Portland, and also thought about moving right outside of Fort Knox, KY.

All good places with low unemployment rates, and decent standard wages.

===

Off topic, Wax are you playing in the Ard Boyz semis? Just trying to figure out who on the West Coast I might see at the tourneys from this forum.

·
Registered
60 Posts
portland is the best ^_^ come live with me up here so my blood angels can tear you apart! ha. but these rulings are pretty dumb... certainly makes the options in the codex more viable.

·
Banned
2,023 Posts
SHarrington move to Aus we're nice here and have sunny weather still

Back on topic, that last ruling I assume they came to a conclusion on whilst smoking some of those drugs they bought from the illegals who got through due to lax laws.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Either that or they were longingly looking back at the previous Chaos Marine codex where Berserkers failing their "Freak-out" roll would disembark from their perfectly good transport vehicle (capable of getting them a sure 12" closer to the enemy) in favor of hoofing it towards the foe at 6+d6".

·
Registered
74 Posts
i've been reading this ruling of theirs about affecting a unit inside a transport and making them jump ship and run away...

to cite a GW official source, the 40k rulebook FAQ:

Q. Can Psychic powers be used on a unit
embarked on a transport?
A. For simplicity’s sake, the answer has to be a
firm ‘No, unless the psyker himself is in the unit
being transported’.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.