Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna be there if work permits, and take a few buddies with me. Wondering if any Heresy'ers will also be there to maybe join up for some games and a fun day, maybe even some decent battle reports for the ol' forum. I might even be able to raffle off some tickets for people who want to but can't go, through GW staff connections.
I just hope the food/drink is cheaper!!!

-Khaine-

·
Registered
359 Posts
I would love to attend a GamesDay, but the lack of funds is keeping me away from doing anything spectacular this year. I've not been to a GamesDay before, perhaps the lot of you can enlighten a Warboss on what sort of funds are required for a trip like that? What's your budget and do you get to stick to it? I've done plenty of traveling, but it's always been on the Army's dime.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I usually set aside the funds for a ticket, and chip in on fuel (from Madison WI to Chicago IL, it came out to $20 a head). I set aside maybe $50 for food, etc (breakfast on the way at the Machine Shed, lunch at the show, nice dinner on the way back) and then set aside any funds you want to spend on goodies (a t-shirt is a for-sure purchase, maybe some bitz or forge world goodies. Books, Black Library stuff. This could vary from $20 on up. I tend to blow a hundred on shopping)

So say $250 total for the whole event. Saved up in advance it's no big deal.

I tend to walk away with a paint and take mini, a terrain piece I made, a converted diorama I make and a handfull of bitz in addition to my swag bag and shopping stuff. I also like to get autographs of the artists, writers, and sculptors etc. I set in on the vendor seminar as well, get some good intel on the upcoming releases...and learn a little about the GW marketing machine.

It's also a lot of fun to go on a road trip with friends, see some cool armies and terrain, and take a lot of pictures.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Thanks for the info Elchimpster, I'm going for the first time this year also, so I didn't really know what to expect. It was much appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts