Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, we've all come across them those people who can't stop whining and complaining about your army. Share your stories about those annoying people.

So, the other day at the L.A. Battle Bunker i am playing with someone who wouldn't shut up. So as a basic for tau u always take your 4+ cover save on tanks and markerlights. And anti-tank weapons. So first turn i wipe out all his transports (he is a CSM player) so his units all popout. His predator is destroyed 2nd turn and his vindicator 1st turn. So he complains about all my ap 1 stuff and anti tank for about 10 minutes calling it cheating. So as his deamon princes (2 of them) fall after taking fire from fire warriors first turn he bitches again. I made all my cover saves on my tanks (about 6 of them) and calls it cheating. He complained about half the weapons in the tau armory and then said they were all cheating. But, i could say that having almost all fearless units and possessed tanks are cheating but i dont cuz those are rules...

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
I believe it is the Goddess of probability he should lodge his complaint with because, apparently, she has decided to make him her bitch.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Indeed, that is some *impressive* rolling for you, and some shitty rolling for your opponent. I know the kind of person you're talking about though, and they tend to not even be nice if they curbstomp you, and will whine about what you had even if it didn't do much.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
He is getting beaten by an out dated and under powered codex? Take that as a compliment to your ability as a player :laugh:.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Happily this isn't always the case with CSM players. I had some very lucky rolls in a game last week, 2k of my Nids vs his CSM.

Just to be clear, I use a shooty HT, 2x6 shooty Warriors (one of them in a spore), 1x10 Genestealers with scythes and toxin, Trygon Prime, T-fex and 2xshooty fex. Small, not swarmy, effective vs GEq, not so much vs MEq.

I did not lose a single unit and reduced his whole army to a unit 6 plague marines. I was also holding all but 1 of the objectives. I had some very lucky rolls.

The CSM player was understandably upset, well probably more shaken and stunned, but put a brave face on it (only moaning about the luck a few times). We were both using the same dice and there were no rule or unit disputes.

He was a pretty good sport considering the total destruction he was dealt, while not killing any of my units.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
It's pretty hard not to moan when your losing every unit, especially if the army's being wiped out en masse.

What makes me laugh though are those players who half way through crumpling your army moan when you destroy their prized unit.

Notable examples are:

1) A CSM player moaned whenever I killed one of his Terminators, Plague Marines or Obliterators, meanwhile my army is being taken out unit by unit.:laugh:

2) A Tau player moaned when he couldn't kill my last unit on the table, an Obliterator. Meanwhile I've signed up for advanced maths so I can comprehend his shooting phase.:shok:

3) A Dark Eldar player moaned because my Lootas kept rolling sixes, to the point where he said if they rolled another six he was going home and crying. Sadly he was only joking about that.:headbutt:

4) A Space Marine player moaned that he couldn't assault my Orks because I'd removed the two nearest to his Captain as casualties, despite the fact that he kept legging it from assaults with his tactical squads.:grin:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
The story of my life with 40k. :headbutt:

People just use it as an excuse when they get their ass kicked.
ditto, every time i kick someones ass with my cheesy list they always say these itmes are cheese.
1 Daemon Princes with Lash(ill admit cheese, but im a power gamer aswell as a friendly gamer).
2 my 6 squads of 5 man noise marines with blast masters and doom sirens in rhinos. oh and the champion with a power weapon.( they hate it becasue i dont have an assualt base list and i pop their tanks with the blastmasters).
3 They always hate Chosen. they dont like that i can take 3 squads with 15 plasmaguns.( the last guy ran deathwing terminators they didnt last to long).
they never complain about the 3 squads of 5 man havocs with 4 lascannons. but they dont like when i blow up heavy suport with them.
But yea your story is funny becasue every shop has a Cry Baby. Also that Chaos player is a disgrace to the dark gods, if he complains when he loses. you think Bezerkers cry when they lose combat. no they dont.
+2 rep for you for getting me going.:victory:

·
Registered
270 Posts
ditto, every time i kick someones ass with my cheesy list they always say these itmes are cheese.
1 Daemon Princes with Lash(ill admit cheese, but im a power gamer aswell as a friendly gamer).
2 my 6 squads of 5 man noise marines with blast masters and doom sirens in rhinos. oh and the champion with a power weapon.( they hate it becasue i dont have an assualt base list and i pop their tanks with the blastmasters).
3 They always hate Chosen. they dont like that i can take 3 squads with 15 plasmaguns.( the last guy ran deathwing terminators they didnt last to long).
they never complain about the 3 squads of 5 man havocs with 4 lascannons. but they dont like when i blow up heavy suport with them.
But yea your story is funny becasue every shop has a Cry Baby. Also that Chaos player is a disgrace to the dark gods, if he complains when he loses. you think Bezerkers cry when they lose combat. no they dont.
+2 rep for you for getting me going.:victory:
quit yer whinin' :angel:

·
Registered
668 Posts
I have the same problem every time I play against two of my friends. They always complain that battlesuits are underpointed etc etc. I always play for fun though, even in club tournaments we have, unless I'm against powergamers, then I start really trying, just to wipe the smug smiles off their faces. Weirdly they start complaining about cheese then, it's funny.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I have the same problem every time I play against two of my friends. They always complain that battlesuits are underpointed etc etc. I always play for fun though, even in club tournaments we have, unless I'm against powergamers, then I start really trying, just to wipe the smug smiles off their faces. Weirdly they start complaining about cheese then, it's funny.
man if we could play, id pay you straight cash if you could whipe the smug off my face. im like the george clooney of smug at my shop. i dont brag that much in person though, just because i dont want to make someone mad in real life. im too friendly. but yea im currently undefeated at the new league we started up. 12-0.
but yea Crisis suits kick ass. got to love twin-link plasma rifles.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
some times the dice god take offence to you. I lost a game after being tabled with 0 kill points in return as deep stirkes screwed me over hard and my melta's just couldn't pop any tanks.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
some times the dice god take offence to you. I lost a game after being tabled with 0 kill points in return as deep stirkes screwed me over hard and my melta's just couldn't pop any tanks.
ouch been there. I hate Terminators for that reason. But yea i notice that once you start getting good the dice gods tend to late the dice play off chance then Fate. I rolled terminators when i first started, mainly becasue i had 32 Terminators, 15 Black reach modified into nurgle and the rest were old school terminators my cousin gave me. but yea i had no landraiders at the time becasue i had first started the game. so the dice gods pittied me a little. now they hate me. i have to win on strateggy instead help from the dice gods. i do burn incesne and worship my dice god golden idol before i go play. It seems to work. But im sure God dosent apreciate me worshiping a golden stack of golden dice with 6s on allside very constructive.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I whine too when I start getting annihilated, but I never accuse anyone of cheating. Fortunately, this only happens when I've been playing for too long. 3 games in a row!? That's just too much imo.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts