Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Pally-HO!!!!
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its about a race of humans who evolved inside the Andromeda Galaxy, far away from the Imperium of Man. Its a completely custom codex, save for the pictures and basic rule system.
DISCLAIMER: i take absolutely no credit for the pictures, as they are not mine. the only thing in the codex that is completely mine are the unit names, army name and background.
I was screwing around one day, saw some artwork that looked like something id been writing a story about, and started writing rules for it, but it turned into this, a completely new idea for me and i ran with it.
all comments are welcomed, but i would prefer that criticism be as constructive as possible:eek:k:
enjoy!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Opening this up I wasn't sure what to expect. But I liked it. Cool weapon ideas, cool story, and great use of the artwork even if it isn't your own.

Do you have any plans of maybe mixing IG with some other styles and maybe creating a small army of these guys?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just FYI I believe that the picture on the top is from a new wargame, can't remember who makes it though, I remember because it was next to the 40k area in Millennium Games the hobby shop I go to.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Other than the high stats of some of the units and how the backstory made the tyranids seem really wimpy, I think it is an awesome codex.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I have some problems with the armoury, expensive and pathetic pistols,
Sumerina Firecracker 12" 3 5 Assault 2 20
Silentfire 12" 3 3 Assault 2 20
An Ap3 weapon the same otherwise as a Ap5 weapon?
The legion carbine with a lower Ap than the suppressor but more expensive?
The rerollable saves are a bit much.

·
Pally-HO!!!!
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
thanks for the input :grin:
Other than the high stats of some of the units and how the backstory made the tyranids seem really wimpy, I think it is an awesome codex.
your right about the nids seeming wimpy, that hadnt occurred to me when i was writing it :shok:...what models had high stats?

I have some problems with the armoury, expensive and pathetic pistols,
Sumerina Firecracker 12" 3 5 Assault 2 20
Silentfire 12" 3 3 Assault 2 20
An Ap3 weapon the same otherwise as a Ap5 weapon?
The legion carbine with a lower Ap than the suppressor but more expensive?
The rerollable saves are a bit much.
your right, i meant to have the Silentfire cost a bit more for the better ap, and like you said some weapons are a bit expensive (a fact im trying to rectify by referencing other codecies). The pistols arent really meant to be as effective as the other weapon types. though. The suppressor vs. carbine was my bad; i meant to have the carbine have a better ap
as for the rerollable saves, only 3 models in the army can get it (unless its bought for a dragonhide breacher), and it represents the pinnacle of ballistic technology of a race that is far past the imperium, technology-wise, and the second teir of the armor costs as much as a single terminator model. the vostul guardians were meant to be walking tanks that would cut a swathe through enemy troops, so their armor save is adjusted accordingly (theyre what terminators SHOULD be lol)

this is just a project of mine that i work on in my spare time, but you guys have brought things to my attention that i completely missed lol
ty for the comments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Savate squads have some high S and T for being 8 point models. Maybe model them a little more like IG soldiers as long as basic stats goes.

·
Pally-HO!!!!
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they're genetically altered to have more efficient muscle fibers and higher tolerance for pain, so even without their armor they would still have S/T 4...perhaps their points cost isnt high enough lol

·
Registered
905 Posts
nice codex, although i think they overcame their enemies too easily. It still must have been hard to do it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Beautiful. Whether there are flaws in the balance of this army or not, it was a brilliant effort that deserves to be commended.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Charlotte Ferra has a bs 8 doesn't that mean that she needs a -1 to wound, or am i wrong
BS affects to hit rolls, not wounds.

BS 8 will hit on 2 (and in 5th edition, if you roll a 1 you'll reroll it and hit on 4)

Anyway, I just skimmed the codex. I think some of the numbers need some balancing, but in general I'm extremely impressed by this codex! You obviously put a lot of time into it. I don't know where you got the pics from but they are beautiful. I thought some of the weapon profiles were very creative and fun.

Looking forward to the update -- and i'll read this more closely when i get more time. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
414 Posts
this is an older thread. he has a newer one and he has updated the points, stats, etc. i dont remember where it is though. look for it people.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts