Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very simple using a £5 case and some memory style foam. Currently test sticking foam to foam and spray painting it. Given it a good swing around and it hasn't budged an inch. Thought its worth a share.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Range, do you have them down there?
I've got another case that I use to carry models in.
Tested the spray paint. Doesn't melt it but makes it slightly stiffer. May hold off on that idea for a bit.
Used a blob of pva to hold the pieces in place. Works fine!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If making one. Do a few tests with regards to the thickness of the foam and size of the case by shining a torch in the case with the lid nearly closed. That way you can see how much the vehicles are being squashed by the foam. Once happy close the case and swing gently to see if they move. Check then swing some more. If all is still still. Glue in place.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
I find the Heldrake much easier to transport having magnetized the wings (breaking them off at the "cuff" as it were). Like so:

Still a bit bulky, but barely moreso than a tank. Or 2 tanks, if you count the space filled by the flying stand and the wings.

Handy cheap carry-case you've made there, though. I'm a firm advocate of discount army carry cases, as my thrift shop suitcases filled with egg cartons full of models will attest (blessed egg cartons! perfect size to carry infantry!).

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
At one point I tried to figure out the most cost effective way to make my own miniature cases. While I have done the old suitcase thing, it wasn't all that stable.

I was planning on buying several of these Stack-On toolboxes and using egg crate or memory foam.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts