Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently ive bought 2 black reach dreads, and so obviously they only come with the multi-melta arm and pf arm.

im a sucker for having every option available to me, so this leads me on to my question:

where can i find cheap dread arms? or shoulders to be exact, i have enough weapons from my ig.

ive found arms for tl-lascannons and assault cannons, but not for plasma cannon, tl autocannon, tl heavy bolter, heavy flamer. however these are £2 a pop so im not willing to spend £24 on weapon options, just to have a load of half lascannons plauging my bitz box

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ffs... why did i not think of that? :'(

thanks man, only thing is, would they not be too ornate looking for a bog standard dred?

·
Registered
61 Posts
If you have the black reach dreads, you could cut the weapons off of the arms that came with them and attach new weapons. The limit being that the left arm will be CC and the right ranged. You could adjust either with some modding, I'd imagine.

edit: on second thoughts, some of those mods might be more difficult than its worth.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts

·
Registered
6,851 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
damn... do i get student discount?

anyhoo, thanks again for the help :D

i'd rep you, but apparantly ive done it already recently

·
Registered
2,122 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Anyway, point is, if you want Autocannon Dreadnoughts, you gotta get creative or get spending, because there aren't any regular plastic ones available (damn you GW *shakefist*).
Plasma Cannon, Assault Cannon, Lascannon, Missile Launcher, and Multi-Melta all have plastic parts, but everything else you have to figure out for yourself.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Anyway, point is, if you want Autocannon Dreadnoughts, you gotta get creative or get spending, because there aren't any regular plastic ones available (damn you GW *shakefist*).
Plasma Cannon, Assault Cannon, Lascannon, Missile Launcher, and Multi-Melta all have plastic parts, but everything else you have to figure out for yourself.
aye, agree completely :D

tho £7 is silly expensive for something i can cut together for £3 :/

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
aye, agree completely :D

tho £7 is silly expensive for something i can cut together for £3 :/
well my Chaos lord conversion cost me less than a normal metal lord on hsi own so it's gettign the right things in the right place. I suggest tryign to see if anyone has some spare autocannons liying around but even then you will still be looking at alot of time and effort for only a £1 or 2 saved.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Ahh right now it all makes sence. Ya the Vendread from Bits and kits would be jsut fine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts