Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can this be a priority please? A lot of folks use it daily, and it's been down. It worked briefly yesterday, I'm not sure what keeps breaking it.

The Chat is a VERY well used feature.

Please?

·
Administrator
5,967 Posts
It is a priority. Right after I go to the gym and lift weights!

It'll be ready in two hours. I've even got a hack to display users chatting on the main forum index field.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sweet Jesus I NEED the chat!!

I'm dyin' ova here!!

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Its going to be a bit; give Jez time. Unfortunately, us mods can't really help him so he has his work cut out.

Chat was always a priority. :)

·
Administrator
5,967 Posts
I'm uploading the files and working on it now.

if it doesn't integrate correctly we'll have to use it as a seperate entity - is this ok?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Heresy!!!!!!!!!!! chat first

j/k but with this forum name i don't believe we call each other heretic's enough.

but ya looking forward to the chat. hope to post my first WIP thread soon including my first battle report as i am going on thursday to a meet.

·
Administrator
5,967 Posts
Ok, chats installed and integrated.

Check the bottom of the screen by the who is online.

I'm in there at the moment and need some help testing it out.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yeah, though if I was logged on to HO site it let me go straight in

·
Administrator
5,967 Posts
Hmmm,

Hit the chat link it should sign right in in the new window. The programs integrated and shares the same username/password as the vBulletin database. You shouldn't have to sign in.

·
Registered
143 Posts
yep - I've just gone straight in without login

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There seems to be an issue with the chat applet expiring the connection frequently. It seems to happen to pretty much everyone.

It didn't do this before. Have the settings changed at all?

JP

·
Administrator
5,967 Posts
Before it was stand alone. This time i've integrated it into the forum to display who is actually using the chat on the index.

I'm afraid this is a pretty minor concern at the moment. Getting the forum fully skinned and functional before tweaking the "useable" features is my priority at the moment.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts