Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Powered by Squig Tea
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mucking about in the chat room at the mo and its just occured that if there was a way of showing who was active in there on here (HO) it might get more active use.?

·
Powered by Squig Tea
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What I meant was a list of who in the chat room not in the chatroom but viewable on heresy online that you could check at a glance. if members could see activity in there they might join in.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
As many know now, another modification to the site may prove fatal, we are a bit over the top in features as it is, and i can only think something like that would be a mod. :cry:

We used to have something that showed how many people were in there, but that discouraged people when it said (0).

So, alas, many of the good ideas like this people bring up can't go into motion.

When we switch to vBulletin or something more expansive, we will throw in all the goodies possible.

We're not really sure when that is though. :?

·
Links Manager
1,007 Posts
Would be useful though, I've been there about half a dozen times only to find it as empty as my blackened heart :mrgreen:

·
Links Manager
1,007 Posts
What about organising the chat experience a bit. With something like a weekly/bi-weekly chat session at a more or less fixed time?

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Thats what we tried to do Heph, its not going to really work with such a wide variety of users in such different timezones. :?

·
Links Manager
1,007 Posts
Lol, I just drop in everynow and then...and lately a few others have been in there as well!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I reckon that if I had some time, I could write some code for the sig to change automatically when you sign in to the chatroom.

The only things I would need are:
Path of the chat mod in the php/ftp
Increase in character limit in sigs (Doubt that's happening)
One of the Admins to add the code into the chat mod files.
All chat room users to add the code to their sigs.

The way it would work is when someone with the code in their sig signs into the CR, the code inside the CR would correspond with the code in the sig and automatically change the status.

Any chance of this happening?
Jezlad?
Jigplums?

·
Slave to Heresy!
8,803 Posts
Not really Bloodhound. I'm not happy with the chat current chat room now it's being used i'll look into adding a better one.

We're already running too many scripts.

I reckon that if I had some time, I could write some code for the sig to change automatically when you sign in to the chatroom.
The chat program and site database arent linked, it's basically running as a stand alone chat room linked here from the site.

I've had a look into possible replacements without much success.

http://www.123flashchat.com

This is the best looking program but comes with a $10 a month fee.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts