Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
um the short version is the chapter is reasonably young. It is an elite force hand picked by the emperor. they are the veterans of many other chapters and have seen many battles. the chapter only has venerable dreadnoughts. thats prety much the basics.

so eilte, hand picked by emperor and generally just veterans of many battles.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Flakey McMuffinlove.

·
Registered
905 Posts
hm, id think Tiron would be a very fitting name... Moonlord Tiron Chaosbane, sounds really cool. and i havve a question, is it possible for a dread to lead an army? if so that would be delightful.

for chapter master how about Verigan the ancient, and you could name the chapter Verigan's Fist.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Its your fluff, you could have an ork converted to a SM if you wanted.

Of course though, before of the fluff nazis.

Verigan is a decent name, imo, but Tiron Chaosbane is a bit corny. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha i wish you could have a dread leading an army, that would be cool :)

hmm verigan sounds kool. maybe a bit of expansion to it.for now he is Chapter Master Verigan The Ancient, and he shall have a dreadnought command squad :D :lol: if im allowed lol :) and the chapter shall be known as Emporers Fists, as they are hand chosen by the emporer.

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
I use a Venerable Dread with all sorts of upgrade to make him even more gribbly, and take a SM commander with a minimum of points and attach him to a squad as the Veteran Sarge's replacement. So was born Dreadnought Romulus, Lord of Malachi's Ancients and Captain of the Tenth Company!

The Emperor's Fists sounds a bit like the Imperial Fists to me, but hey, I've gotten comments about the Mountain Angels. Maybe it's the engrained fanatic in me.

-Dirge

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hmm good point, maybe i should make my new model just a captain and have one of my dreads as my CM.... hmm good idea :) ill make it my hellfire dreadnought but instead of missiles have a claw, making him good at both long range and close combat!! he he im sooooo evil!. he is very ornamental and it frees up another elite slot for yet another dread, thats gona make 4!! hehehe all venerable too!!! and all my dreads shall take a vow that makes the +1 strength for -1 initiative, hmm strngth 11 for those with power claws :D

is it possible if he is a dread nought for him to take say two or three other dreads as his command squad??

·
Banned
677 Posts
You could always just call them The Emperor's Hand. Maybe only 5 elite companies, one per digit, etc..

A good idea for a CM of such an old age..

Seraphis the Undying (Sarah-Fiss)
Amorgeas the Immortal (Ah-more-GASE)

Blah... I like the first one ALOT.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
It's not, unfortunately. I think it would kick ass to have a venerable dread instead of a SM commander, but hey, I don't right the dexes right?

I'm gonna throw out Lord Commander Drej Almasleth. If any of you catch the sci-fi reference, you get a cookie.

·
Registered
298 Posts
how can the chapter have a short history if they were hand picked by the emperor? thats like 10000 years of history?

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i dont mean hand picked literally, duh. its a chapter comprimised of many other chapters, like the deathwatch, and basically an loyalist elite force. it was made out of need for an extremely elite force designed to hunt down and exterminate other excursion forces and if need be assassinate a leader. however they prefer to die standing, so no drop pods. teleporting suits me. they are very much a cityfight chapter, hence the lack of drop pods. they have taken significant divergance.

see but dont be seen
heed the wisdom of the ancients

eye to eye
die standing.

so simply, they have lots of dreads and venerables, prefer fighting in cities and dont like drop podding.

kinda like a squad of the worlds leading special forces operatives to put it in todays terms

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
My Legion is a second-founding. I really liked the idea of a Marine legion creating their own Codex. So I did. Mine's significant divergence (Because they have NO recourse to the Codex Astartes.)

(I think Robourte Gulliman just died.) lolz. I took Have Faith in Suspicion, because they are very paranoid marines, according to the Fluff, and I took Heed The Wisdom of The Ancients and Scions of Mars, which I use for Romulus' company. I use Eye To Eye for my Major Drawback.

I think I get what he means. His army is a very elite fighting force designed for tactically sound surgical strikes. Specialized missions of great importance. Kind of like Grey Knights but not so much training and super-gear.

-Dirge

1 - 20 of 29 Posts