Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I'm painting a chaplain for a friend. Here it is, nowhere close to being done. This is my first attempt at gold NMM, so bear with me. Also, I decided against silver NMM because I was worrying about it blending in with the grey highlights too much. C&C please.

·
Registered
54 Posts
That's a very good result for your first attempt at gold NMM, which is anything but easy. I do think some deeper shading for more contrast would help the effect of the gold, but that can easily be overdone. I'd also think about highlighting the black with a slightly thinner edge highlight and brighten the highest points of the highlight up a little bit more. If it goes too far, it's easy to tone it back down with a thin coat of Badab Black wash.

Looking very good though, this is going to look great when finished. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Salio you deserve credit for your continual high quality work. I was wondering if you could tell me how you made your NMM gold. I've tried to do it, but it hasn't turned out as well as yours did. You really do good work. Have some rep.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Salio you deserve credit for your continual high quality work. I was wondering if you could tell me how you made your NMM gold. I've tried to do it, but it hasn't turned out as well as yours did. You really do good work. Have some rep.

Thanks a lot man, I'm glad you've enjoyed all the crap I've posted on Heresy! Just being on this forum and having people like you comment on my work keeps me painting these guys.

My gold gold NMM recipe was pretty simple. I imagined the lightsource coming from his right (i.e. above the crozius). I built up snakebite leather, to vomit brown, to golden yellow (you could probably go to sunburst yellow, but I didn't have the paint at the moment, it might also be a bit overwhelming). After this, I picked out the areas that were closest to the "light source" with bleached bone, and then put a dot of white on it. There are a bunch of great NMM recipes on this site, so check them out, as this is my first attempt and is far from perfect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts