Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As part of the starting wargear a chaplain has a crozius arcanum. It can be equipped with a powerfist, does having these two hand weapons count as an extra attack?

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
Yes. However, you have a choice when you fight of either using the crozius as the main close combat weapon and counting the power fist as the second close combat weapon (in which case, you don't use the power fist as a power fist, but purely as a second close combat weapon) or, you can use the power fist as the main weapon and use all the rules associated with it, and count the crozius as your second close combat weapon. You're free to switch between how you use them from assault phase to assault phase-- the advantage of having the power fist and crozius is having an option.

I personally don't really think it's worth the points-- you'll be better off just having a bolt pistol and the crozius, I think.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And i do =) just wondering. If you didnt it would be absolutley worthless to have a power fist for a chaplain. They should give you an option of replacing the crozius with the fist for +5 points or something.... oh well the only reason I have my chaplain is to stop my death company from dieing...

Thanks

·
Mad Mek
313 Posts
They don't need them though... the rending hits do a hell of a lot more than a single power fist here and there ever will.
Too true.

I haven't had much opportunity to play recently, but having my DC slice, dice & serve up a wraithlord in 1 round of combat, was most gratifying.

Expensive, but great.

I don't think the BA Chappy needs the PF option, but other chapters probably do.

·
Registered
538 Posts
good to have an option vs vehicles and montrous creatures. definetely worthwhile if you also equip him with a jump pack.
I have great success with my hop,skip and jump chappy with a fist. He and his fellow jump pack thunder hammer weilding bro are a dynamic duo.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts