Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THinking about an army thats competitive and fun to play with. Please butcher the list and give me advice.

HQ
Daemon Prince+Wings+Warptime 155

Daemon Prince+MoS+Lash 135

Troops
Berzx10+champ+power fist+rhino 285

Berzx10+champ+power fist+rhino 285

Berzx6+rhino 161

Heavy Support
Defiler+all close CC 150

Defiler+Havoc+Las 175

Defiler+normal 150

Prince with wings sticks behind a vegicle or cover till in CC, rhinos rush headlong into enemy with 6 berz in front. Defiler going long range with CC one accompanying rhinos. Lash is for annoying units or sending a squad into suicide spots.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mixed army, dedication to one Chaos God is nice, but all the options you lose is too limiting

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interesting, most of the armies my friends use are generally all out assault, sometimes with some scary cannons. Orks with skullhamma fortress tank. Plague would help out greatly if they can take all the punishment that can be thrown at them+i have enough models to easily convert.

Why 3 vindicators though? Cant recall the exact range on their cannons but I was going to use the defilers to blast everything they held back.

What are your thoughts on terminators?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'd give take off the lascannon on the defiler and arm it with close combat weapons. The points i'd put on putting a mark of slaanesh on the daemon prince who doesn't have a mark.
that would leave me some spare points, enough to add 1 berz or gear em up

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Played a game today, 2 DP, 1 lash, 1 warptime with wings. Squad of Khornes boys, 2 plague guys. 2 vindis and 1 defiler. He took Black Templar, mostly terminators with a couple grunts. Emperors champ and a land raider.

Defiler got annihilated in close combat, xtra arms proved useless vs terminators. Didnt even get to fire off battle cannon. I really hate being on the recieving side of drop pods.

Found Lash to be insanely effective, then my final daemon prince took on 2 squads of termis and won...also killed emperors champion in single combat, MVP right there. Plague Marines took on 5 termis, killed 4 and held them for 3 turns.

Vindis took care of a whole squad i lashed + land raider.

Gonna run this list out tomorrow, see how it works

Daemon Prince, wings, MoS, Los
Daemon Prince, MoS, Los

7 Plague Marines, Champ w/ Power Fist, 2 melta, rhino

Vindicator, Daemonic Possession, Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter
Vindicator, Daemonic Possession
Vindicator, Daemonic Possession

edit: forgot a word

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Crushing Defeat. Deathcorps Krieg, absolutely insane, heavy weapon teams, tanks. Underground popping drill tanks. Some wierd things that I never knew existed. Seeing the codex for them is insane, they have everything! Still took down quite a bit but overall defeat with 1/3-1/2 his army still up. Daemon Princes took down loads of guys, Vindicators proved their worth but blast templates took down 1 every turn. Final one went nuclear and took two of his squads out, funny engineers.

Had more luck with necrons, annihilated a tyranid army with 2 warriors, 3 destroyers, and 2 immortals dead. 2 carnifexes, 2 trygon (1 prime), along with loads of little guys. He was pissed.

For the army list, gonna give 2nd Daemon Prince wings, no heavy bolter on vindi. Plague marines pumped up with more guys or 1 more unit, have to see about that when i have my codex back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts