Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THinking about an army thats competitive and fun to play with. Please butcher the list and give me advice.

HQ
Daemon Prince+Wings+Warptime 155

Daemon Prince+MoS+Lash 135

Troops
Berzx10+champ+power fist+rhino 285

Berzx10+champ+power fist+rhino 285

Berzx6+rhino 161

Heavy Support
Defiler+all close CC 150

Defiler+Havoc+Las 175

Defiler+normal 150

Prince with wings sticks behind a vegicle or cover till in CC, rhinos rush headlong into enemy with 6 berz in front. Defiler going long range with CC one accompanying rhinos. Lash is for annoying units or sending a squad into suicide spots.

·
Great Unclean One
2,611 Posts
Try this:

HQ
• Daemon Prince
- Wings; Warptime
155 points
• Daemon Prince - Mark of Slaanesh; Lash of Submission
135 points

TROOPS
• 8 Khorne Berzerkers
- Skull Champion with powerfist; Rhino with extra armour
258 points
• 7 Plague Marines - Plague Champion with powerfist; 2 meltaguns; Rhino
256 points
• 7 Plague Marines - Plague Champion with powerfist; 2 flamers; Rhino
246 points

HEAVY SUPPORT
• Vindicator
- Daemonic Possession, twin-linked bolter
150 points
• Defiler - 2 extra close-combat arms
150 points
• Defiler - 2 extra close-combat arms
150 points

TOTAL:
1,500 points

Lash them into that nice big Str10 pie-plate from the Vindicator...

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
yea man dont put lascannons and havoc launchers on the defiler or you wont be able o fire the battlecannon. just take the 2 close combat weapons drop the warptime prince double up on lash and move and pie plate. people say its cheesy lash but who cares, look at the entire gaurd codex every page is cheese. ohh and dont even bring up the blood angels, they are cheese. so dont let any one bug you about lash.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
i have a question are you going to play a cult specific army like just world eaters with bezerkers. or do you want to mix it up.
heres a list i wrote up
HQ
155 Daemon Prince: Wings, MoS, sorcerer with LoS
155 Daemon Prince: Wings, MoS, sorcerer with LoS
Troops
245 10 Bezerkers in a rhino
Heavy Support
145 Vindicator: Daemonic Posession

Alright this list will work great for a new player a more affective list to run with this vindicator is Plague marines, simply they have meltas perfet for drop pod dread attacks plus they can act as a bak armor shield for the vindicators. ill post pics of the tactic.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mixed army, dedication to one Chaos God is nice, but all the options you lose is too limiting

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
not really i have a one god dedicated army list, and its undefeated. but a lot of people play mix god armies now days( considering the 4th edition chaos codex is so crappy compared to the 3rd edition). a lot of players had one god dedicated armies back then. but yea im not saying a one god list is what you should do, i was just woundering if you were strictly only using khorne bezerkers or if your list could include plague marines considering they have a more of a specific role for this list.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
but yea have the rhinos on the side and back then put the daemon prince behind the rear open spots on the vindicators this will give your vindicators cover from any drop pod dreads. if you are playing a shooty army move your stuff up 12 inches on the first turn and pop smoke in the same formation. if its a assualting force enemy sit your stuff back and if they have a drop pod army disembark your plague marines and put them behind the vindicators so no dread or sternguard can just melta your back armor.
The basalisks are random but my Iron Warriors army was so fun with basalisks. i have 4 of those bad boys for apocalypse. but anyways this was how i ran my 1500 list back in the day, now i just run a shit tone of noise marines 3 havoc squads with 12 lascannons firing every turn. 6 doom sirens, and 6 blastmasters 2 daemon princes with lash and a chosen squad with plasmaguns. but thats 2500

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interesting, most of the armies my friends use are generally all out assault, sometimes with some scary cannons. Orks with skullhamma fortress tank. Plague would help out greatly if they can take all the punishment that can be thrown at them+i have enough models to easily convert.

Why 3 vindicators though? Cant recall the exact range on their cannons but I was going to use the defilers to blast everything they held back.

What are your thoughts on terminators?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
well the vindicator is 24 inch range but you move 6 and fire its 30 inches plus daemon princes with lash nothing is really safe. this setup tactic is great all around just have to watch meltas. but yea defilers have more range but A12 instead of 13. the vindicator is also strength 10 while the battle cannon is only S9. the battle cannon wont be able to cause instant death rule to anything T5 besides youre going to have plenty of range 30 inches is enough to shoot across the board plus orcs will be coming at you. just move lash shoot,

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
hey Crawford check my old iron warriors army out. got those 4 basalisks but cant use one thanks to 4th ed codex abolishing the special iron warriors rules

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'd give take off the lascannon on the defiler and arm it with close combat weapons. The points i'd put on putting a mark of slaanesh on the daemon prince who doesn't have a mark.
that would leave me some spare points, enough to add 1 berz or gear em up

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Played a game today, 2 DP, 1 lash, 1 warptime with wings. Squad of Khornes boys, 2 plague guys. 2 vindis and 1 defiler. He took Black Templar, mostly terminators with a couple grunts. Emperors champ and a land raider.

Defiler got annihilated in close combat, xtra arms proved useless vs terminators. Didnt even get to fire off battle cannon. I really hate being on the recieving side of drop pods.

Found Lash to be insanely effective, then my final daemon prince took on 2 squads of termis and won...also killed emperors champion in single combat, MVP right there. Plague Marines took on 5 termis, killed 4 and held them for 3 turns.

Vindis took care of a whole squad i lashed + land raider.

Gonna run this list out tomorrow, see how it works

Daemon Prince, wings, MoS, Los
Daemon Prince, MoS, Los

7 Plague Marines, Champ w/ Power Fist, 2 melta, rhino

Vindicator, Daemonic Possession, Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter
Vindicator, Daemonic Possession

edit: forgot a word

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Played a game today, 2 DP, 1 lash, 1 warptime with wings. Squad of Khornes boys, 2 plague guys. 2 vindis and 1 defiler. He took Black Templar, mostly terminators with a couple grunts. Emperors champ and a land raider.

Defiler got annihilated in close combat, xtra arms proved useless vs terminators. Didnt even get to fire off battle cannon. I really hate being on the recieving side of drop pods.

Found Lash to be insanely effective, then my final daemon prince took on 2 squads of termis and won...also killed emperors champion in single combat, MVP right there. Plague Marines took on 5 termis, killed 4 and held them for 3 turns.

Vindis took care of a whole squad i lashed + land raider.

Gonna run this list out tomorrow, see how it works

Daemon Prince, wings, MoS, Los
Daemon Prince, MoS, Los

Vindicator, Daemonic Possession, Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter

edit: forgot a word
solid list, it reminds me of my 1500 point list, the only thing i suggest is droping the champion with the powerfist and taking 10 man squads of plague marines with 2 meltas in a rhino. If the next player uses a drop pod in his list the first turn bubble wrap your vindicators with the plague marines. this is so they cant get a clear shot to the vindicators. so you get cover saves. thats why i dont take defilers against marine players with drop pods. becasue bubble wraping dosent work with them because of their size. but yea just move those vindicators up the table together. dont split them apart. you want them side by side. this makes it hard for enemies to pick off vindicators 1 by one. also great for keeping side armor from being shot. but overall your army list is a solid 1500 point list. good luck man. alos drop the twin link bolter of the vindicator, you cant fire it while firing ordanance

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Crushing Defeat. Deathcorps Krieg, absolutely insane, heavy weapon teams, tanks. Underground popping drill tanks. Some wierd things that I never knew existed. Seeing the codex for them is insane, they have everything! Still took down quite a bit but overall defeat with 1/3-1/2 his army still up. Daemon Princes took down loads of guys, Vindicators proved their worth but blast templates took down 1 every turn. Final one went nuclear and took two of his squads out, funny engineers.

Had more luck with necrons, annihilated a tyranid army with 2 warriors, 3 destroyers, and 2 immortals dead. 2 carnifexes, 2 trygon (1 prime), along with loads of little guys. He was pissed.

For the army list, gonna give 2nd Daemon Prince wings, no heavy bolter on vindi. Plague marines pumped up with more guys or 1 more unit, have to see about that when i have my codex back.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts