Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
if your saying what i'm thinking, theres no rules for warbands, you can have anything and everything in your army.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Yep, they got rid of the special rules and troop restrictions.

You can play with any units in the book no matter what army you;re playing, so there;s no longer a reason to give out special rules to make up for a lack of troop choice.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
You still have the warbands, and you still have all the fluff they just relaxed the rules a bit.

As far as Orks go, they went more like Dark Angels. If you take one warboss you get bikes as troops, take another and you get some different choices, etc. But by and large it;ls all the same list. No special rules just for certain groups.

Speed freaks are basically folded into the regular ork book.

A lot of chaos players had problems with losing the special rules, but when you think about it, it made for a stronger list. For example, your Iron Warriors can have berzerkers now (They can be mercenary World Eaters you hired for the mission, or you can simply call them combat cyborgs and have them count as zerks) etc.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
weak sauce i like fluff, fuck though if they had warbands probably get some pretty powerful chaos warbands, spacemarines still have warbands? frikkin blasphemy utter bs, gargle gargle, did peoples old chaos warbands give them nightmares or something??=/

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Getting hard to understand you, you might want to take a step back and compose yourself a bit.

The fluff is still there. I don't see how that's really changed much. You may not have all of the old choices available, but there's plenty of new choices too.

If you don't like the idea of using marks or cult units in your army either don't use them, or come up with a fluff explanation for it (like calling berzerkers cyborgs, etc)

And yes, frankly, some of the old warbands were scary. Old Iron Warriors were almost ludicrously overpowered.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
huh basilisks with csm =o eek, i was talking along the lines of like fluff though=o like hmm ooo boogey men in ur closet scary, u should try basilisks with stormtroopers yummy, drop troop meltas 75 pts bs4 and u can get a near unbeatable cc hq for like 400pts, still think they coulda left the warband special rulez, bummer i like how u space ur crap out, makes it ez to read, they probably guna nerf guard next =o make it all meq style or whatever, yay =o =/ still not sure the changes they made to orks

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
It's getting harder to understand what you;re saying, so forgive me if I miss what you;re saying.

I think the main issue was the extra HS slot, the ability to take a ton of oblits, and the fact that while IG can take those same weapons, they come with the downside of having weak troops to defend them, meanwhile IW still have some of the best basic troops in the game to keep you from getting at their tanks.

As for the orks, they actually ended up with a fantastic codex. Expect to see them taking top spots in tournies once people get to playing them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
god i love killer kans=o bitches make good flanks lol err =) forgive my hmm vulgar and l33t behavior, its hard to hear me takl but thats actually a good thing, =P ok now orks are some bomb ass mother fuckers, bitch to paint though =o lol, hmm ya, try dreads with all weapons i call'em raging ammo stacks, no ddcw rofl

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Reminds me of that movie Idiocracy. In the future everyone will speak a ghettobabble language.

As far as losing the specific chaos armies, no fluff was lost. All the fluff is there, there just aren't rules to back it up. Chaos players complaining about loss of fluff are really complaining about loss of special rules they abused to their advantage. You can still make Iron Warriors or World Eaters or what have you, they just don't have special rules for minmaxers to abuse.

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
Iron Warriors were the most abusable army ever created. Alpha Legion comes in a nice second. World Eaters were pretty fluffy but easily beaten. Emperors Children and Death Guard were the hardest of the big 4. Thousand Sons I think were perfectly balanced. Night Lords were lacking IMHO.

I like the new codex in all but its fluff content. It re-write of fluff content really irked me. Ill state for the 500th time.. this new codex should have all the characters cept Huron removed and be renamed Codex: Renagade Marines. I refuse to truly acknowledge that this codex is Chaos Marines.

IMO after Codex Daemons, GW should write a Codex: Chaos that includes Legion specific builds, traitor guard (slaves, conscripts, and heretics), and the same Daemons that are in Chaos Marines + a few god specific ones. I would re-introduce the special upgrades for having favored numbers in your units but the upgrades would be limited to only having additional choices.

Example: For a Khornate army you can select only Berserkers or Lesser Daemons for troops, and all other units must have Icons of Khorne. For every unit @ the magic number you may take a unit of Bloodletters and/or a unit of traitor guard conscripts (think the conscripts from codex IG + slave driver of some sort for a SGT).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts