Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Disciple of Change
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I will be playing my roommate this coming year in a few games of 40k, and to start out with, we will both be basically running with the basic Battleforce for our race, with slight changes. So here is what I'm thinking-

HQ
Chaos Sorcerer Lord
Mark of Tzeentch, Gift of Chaos, Bolt of Change......215 pts

Elites
5 Possessed Chaos Space Marines
Aspiring Champion......140 pts

Troops
10 Chaos Space Marines
Aspiring Champion w/ Power Fist and Plasma Pistol; Plasma Gun, Mark of Nurgle......270
10 Chaos Space Marines
Aspiring Champion w/ Power Fist and Plasma Pistol; Plasma Gun, Mark of Nurgle......270
8 Khorne Berzerkers
Skull Champion w/ Plasma Pistol; 2 Plasma Pistols, Rhino w/ Extra Armor, Twin-Linked Bolter......283 pts

Total
1178 pts

I'm not sure what I should change about this to either get it closer to the point value, or make it better. This is my first list so feedback is welcome. I also have a Havoc Squad Available is that will change anything equiped with an Aspiring Champ with P-Fist and Plasma Pistol, a Heavy Bolter, an Autocannon, Lascannon, and Rocket Launcher. Thanks for looking :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
For the sorcerer i'd probably switch him for a demon prince as they're cheaper and better.
For your troops change the tactical marines to plague marines as they are a bit cheaper and have feel no pain.
Its nice to see that the Khorne Besrkers are in a rhino, you should try this with all your troops.
And with the possesed marines i'd personally exchange them for a defiler.
cheers!

·
Disciple of Change
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For the sorcerer i'd probably switch him for a demon prince as they're cheaper and better.
For your troops change the tactical marines to plague marines as they are a bit cheaper and have feel no pain.
Its nice to see that the Khorne Besrkers are in a rhino, you should try this with all your troops.
And with the possesed marines i'd personally exchange them for a defiler.
cheers!
Sounds good, except for money. I will not be able to afford 2 more rhinos, and a defiler is even further down the road lol.

·
Registered
268 Posts
If you want discounted models i suggest E-bay or perhaps use some converting.
I turned one of my Dreadnaughts into a Defiler with bits and bobs mixed with green stuff

·
Disciple of Change
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you want discounted models i suggest E-bay or perhaps use some converting.
I turned one of my Dreadnaughts into a Defiler with bits and bobs mixed with green stuff
Nice, I will look into that then

·
4,491 Posts
Ok so I will be playing my roommate this coming year in a few games of 40k, and to start out with, we will both be basically running with the basic Battleforce for our race, with slight changes. So here is what I'm thinking-

HQ
Chaos Sorcerer Lord
Quite expensive. A Daemon Prince with MoT, Warptime, and Winds of Chaos might be more effective.

Elites
Not a fan personally. I would consider using the models as Chosen, or else model them as your Aspiring Champions.

Troops
10 Chaos Space Marines
Generally the only Mark that is worth putting on them is the MoCG. If you want to run them as Nurgle, then i would advise you run them as Plague Marines. They are awesome, trust me. ;)
If you decide to run Plague Marines, run them in squads of 7 or 8 with 2 Meltaguns or Plasmaguns, and give the Aspiring Champion a Power Fist. Dont bother about the Plasma Pistol.
They also need a Rhino. Transport is basically mandatory in the 5th ed metagame.

10 Chaos Space Marines
As above.

8 Khorne Berzerkers
Skull Champion w/ Plasma Pistol; 2 Plasma Pistols, Rhino w/ Extra Armor, Twin-Linked Bolter......283 pts
Id drop the Plasma Pistols, and give the Skull Champ a Power Fist. Dont bother about the second TL-Bolter.

Total
1178 pts

I'm not sure what I should change about this to either get it closer to the point value, or make it better. This is my first list so feedback is welcome. I also have a Havoc Squad Available is that will change anything equiped with an Aspiring Champ with P-Fist and Plasma Pistol, a Heavy Bolter, an Autocannon, Lascannon, and Rocket Launcher. Thanks for looking :)
See my advise above.

·
Registered
941 Posts
HQ
Chaos Sorcerer Lord

trade for DP with MoN and warptime

Elites

give these guys 4 melta guns

Troops
10 Chaos Space Marines
10 Chaos Space Marines

trade both of these squads in for 2 squads of 7 plague marines with 2 melta guns, and a plague champ with a PF

8 Khorne Berzerkers

trade the twin linked bolter for a comni flamer

Total
1178 pts
Add two defilers w/ 2 DCCWs and you'll be at 1,500 points!

·
Disciple of Change
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks for the advice. I will try all these different things. Just to clarify, one reason I went with Gift of Chaos was because IG have a toughness of 3 so more often than not I will be able to force them into CC with a Chaos Spawn, and IG are not too good at CC. But, I will try all these suggestions, and see what works best in battle :) I def will drop MoN because it will drastically reduce the cost. I keep thinking that If he's holding a Nurgle banner I have to count him as Nurgle, but at the level I will be playing, proxying is fine lol. I do have a question about Warptime though...Does it mean that any fail to hit or fail to wound that ANY one of my forces makes gets re-rolled, or just the ones he makes, because I read that as only the psyker can re-roll his own attacks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts