Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was digging through my basement for my old chaos models from 4th ed since I am trying to get back into 40k, and found 2 vindicator tanks. I was wondering if vindicators are viable in pairs or if I should only field one at a time? I have heard they are fire magnets so it would seem it might be alright to have 2 for when the enemy shoots all their anti tank at them turn 1. Note I have also picked up a flamer helldrake for MEQ clearing but as I have yet to play a game this edition I am not sure how many template weapons I actually need. I am hoping they are fieldable since Vindicators seem great for an Iron Warriors army. Thanks in addvance for any tips and sorry for the wall of text.

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
Vindicators are often good in pairs or threes for exactly the reason you stated. You can also screen them with rhinos blowing smoke early in the game.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Vindis are awesome but can be high priority targets and die....so need some team work.

Consider the 2 vindicators followed up close by 3 rhinos with min sized squads of marines with plasmaguns to screen the vindis and protect the rear end of the tanks.

Also, 2 vindicators surrounded by an Helcult formation makes for a fearsome midfield threath

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Vindicators are my favourite tank in the Chaos book, I have three and would take more if I could!

·
Registered
533 Posts
You can't really go wrong with a vindicator or two, particularly for Iron Warriors. It's hard to miss entirely with a 5" blast template, and there's nothing you can't harm with S10 AP2. It's difficult to imagine an enemy army where taking one or two vindicators is wasted points

1 - 5 of 5 Posts