Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be playing a game soon against marines at 1750 and I'm not sure what to take. He has a shooty army with 3 predators with autocannon and lascannons I was thinking of using lesser demons against his termies just to hold them off and maybe a greater demon aswell
these are all the models I have
demon
nurgle lord
lord
sorceror
10 termies
30 chaos warriors
8 berzerkers
vindicator
defiler
land raider
if I give my guys marks it'll be tzeentch or slaanesh
I might have more marines and it could bring it up to 40
the vindicator could be used for a rhino and I do like chosen
please give advice on tactics and what to take

·
Registered
28 Posts
The only thing that I can think of for sure right now is give the Land Raider EA and stick the Termies in there, and make them all Champs with MoS and Lightning Claws. That should let you get them up there fairly safely so you can take out at least a unit or two of his.

·
Registered
594 Posts
If you sub the Vindi as a Rhino you could Outflank with 5 Chosen to pop a vehicle (5x Meltaguns on them). Thats one less pred to worry about at least.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like that 5 melta idea but what should I take for hq I was thinkin demon prince tzeentch wings doombolt and warptime and I sometimes use a khorne lord on juggernaut with bloodfeeder and plasma but against termies with storm shields it won't do so good how would I kill those termies

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was thinkin demon prince tzeentch wings doombolt and warptime
If you're giving him the MoT, don't waste one of the spaces on Doombolt, try something more along the lines of Bolt of Change. But I'd give him the MoN or MoS because he only really needs warptime if you want him in Close Combat. Also, if you give him MoS, you could give him Lash of Submission instead which can be very useful sometimes.

·
Registered
390 Posts
It really depends on wether you want to actually kill his terminators or just bog them down for the entire game. To kill them you could either:
1)lots of obliterators: storm shields can only hold back so much plasma
2)vindicator: demolisher cannons can hurt everything in a large area a lot
3)terminators with MoT and pairs of lightning claws: as they will probably have thunder hammers knowing loyalists, you will most likely strike first in close combat. With twin claws on the charge you kill 2-3 termies in one round whereas in the same round in return they only kill one of your termies due to their invulnerable save. That's if it's 5 on 5.
4)just give everything plasma: enough said
However, to bog them down you could:
1)as you said lesser daemons: with a large unit of lessers you could probably tie them up for a few turns and maybe take a few down with you. Hey, you never know:so_happy:.
2)Greater Daemon: pretty much the same as for lesser daemons with the advantage that it has a high chance of killing a few before however you will have to sacrivice a champ.
NOTE: with summoned daemons you can assualt with them the turn they enter play, check your codex.
3)Daemon Prince with MoT warptime and GoC: this sort of furfills both roles- depending on sircumstance (spelling?) either charge him in with warptime and kill a few (maybe all of them but it might take time) whilst his invulnerable save keeps him up or just keep on turning them into spawns to bog them down. Or you could do both... (remember that GoC ignores invulnerable saves).
REMEMBER a suicide unit should NEVER cost more than the unit it is designed to hold up or else you will lose points very quickly and might as well have not bothered with the battle.

As for the preds
1)the 5 melta chosen works and can often smoke more than one tank before departing the field
2)obliterators: with lascannons, multimeltas and twinlinked meltas I have taken on super-heavies with these guys before and come out on top.(Jeese these guys are usefull, first termies and now tanks:biggrin:)
3)meltas everywhere!:grin:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts