Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Rattlehead
6,727 Posts
Sicarans are amazing, Rapier Laser Batteries are pretty sexy, the Hell Blade is okay, the Fire Raptor is a beast, and some of the Legacies can build pretty neat tricks. Typhon Siege Tanks are brutal Lords of War, and the Greater Brass Scorpion can do serious work if your opponent isn't prepared for one, but the other Lords of War are pretty forgettable (with the exception of Aetaos'rau'keres, but with the Daemon Lords rule of not being able to be more than 25% of your army you can only auto-win games of 4000pts or more, which is unusual to say the least).

Other than that, Renegades and Heretics offers some neat options, but a lot of things aren't very good or downright awful (the Chaos Contemptor, the Decimator, both shitty Drop Pod alternatives, Blood Slaughterers). Worth getting just for Sicarans and Fire Raptors, pretty much, and then some funsies options like the Legacies thrown in as well.

· Rattlehead
6,727 Posts
Yeah, the Sicarian with Heavy Bolter Sponsors and Warpfire Gargoyles looks like an absolute steal! Is that how I should run it?
Honestly, wouldn't bother with the Warpfire Gargoyles and would probably stick Lascannon sponsons on instead of Heavy Bolters - it's a light armour mulcher, first and foremost, and the Lascannons help with that. Heavy Bolters are perfectly serviceable and make it a medium infantry lawnmower though, so that's fine.

I'm not quite at 4k points! I currently have about 1200, but this is a new army me and some friends have started (we all picked a 'new' army and began from scratch). We're looking at 2k before we begin a narrative.
Aetaos'r-fuck it, Tzeentch Chicken, is not a model you can put on the board when playing with friends, so follow my previous advice; the Typhon and maybe the Scorpion are the only Lords of War you'll be seeing :victory:

· Rattlehead
6,727 Posts
I might just have a coloured Loyalist perspective, as it's a strictly worse Deredeo, but if you need the Str8 firepower and have a way of keeping it alive (AV13, 3HP and a 5++ isn't bad but for 250pts, it's not great) then give it a go; not exactly hard to get hold of a Contemptor model these days :victory:

· Rattlehead
6,727 Posts
Huh, okay, I thought it was just the same thing available to Chaos with the weapon variations.

Only getting a proper save against Glances is kind of ass though - for 250pts you have to be really good at your job, and I'm not convinced that the Contemptor is that. By all means, give it a go, but it seems a fair bit overpriced for what you get.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.