Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
some of you may know tht horus the warmaster is based on lucifer who was the most favoured of the angels in heaven by god (the emporer) and the hours heresy is kinda loosley based on the fall of lucifer from heaven.

sooo i was thinking do the 4 chaos gods represent the 4 horsemen of the Apocalypse(War,Death,Pestilance,Famine)? if they do which one is which?

i would have a guess tht khorn is either war or death but not entirley sure

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
There's obviously a strong case for Khorne=War and Nurgle=Pestilence, but otherwise...

Both Slaanesh and Tzeentch can be justified philosophically/theologically as Death ("the wages of sin is death" could apply to Slaanesh, the Greek concept of "only what is permanent is real" could apply to Tzeentch) but they're both pretty tenuous - and making either of them Famine is just a case of filling up the numbers. Maybe you might get further thinking about other fours - the "Four Evangelists... of Death!", for instance. Probably not the "Fab Four... of Death!", that would be silly.

I did start thinking about the Primarchs relating to the Disciples (Horus presumably is Judas, Sanguinius maybe Peter etc), but gave up after a bit. I would love to see a "Last Supper of the Primarchs", though, with them all sitting around the Emperor before they all go their seperate ways on the Great Crusade.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Here's a nice collection of fluff gossip:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WMG/Warhammer40K

The Antichrist is the Emperor.
After the establishment of the star-spanning human empire in the Dark Age of Technology, it collapses as Earth is engulfed in a massive warp storm -- which is actually the second coming of Jesus and heralds the Apocalypse. However, Jesus is defeated, the storm abates and the Emperor leads an army to forge the Imperium of Man. Also after the war, two of the Four Horsemen (Pestilence and Death) escape Earth and flee into the warp, becoming the Chaos gods Nurgle and Khorne. The Emperor enslaves War and uses him as the template for the Space Marines, while he himself is Conquest.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
interesting very interesting

fun to know tht the 40k fluff has some christian links into it. wonder if GW managed to sneak mohammed into it all some how :p

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
I always figured it was modeled after the Roman Empire. It collapses, and a Dark Age forms, and the people are led out from it by the Imperial Church (Christianity)

-Dirge

1 - 7 of 7 Posts