Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is jsut something I used with my Black Legion CSMs for sometime.

It was always ratehr effective, because it takes quite a bit of effort to deal with, but at teh same time, does to much damage to ignore.

The Triplex works like this:

Terminator squad 1:
-3 man
-Reaper Auto cannon

Terminator squad 2:
-3 man
-Reaper Auto cannon

Terminator squad 3:
-3 man
-Reaper Auto cannon

Total comes to 315 points.

Grouping all the squads together in either a line/triangle/whatever it gives you a serious amount of firepower to lay down on opposing units. It's got viable anti-vehicle, it's accurate and it's number of shots in total far outclasses other 3 man units. So all together make an impressive array.

Armies with average troop transports don't like this one bit. So Orks, guard and marines of all kinds won't have a good time against them.

I worked it together to provide an alternative to Melta rush to remove vehicles. And seeing as the CSM don't really have much in the way of Elites...it fell to this. Seeing as I don't rate chosen for anything other than Plasma fire.

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
Yeah, Chaos Terminators don't get nearly enough credit. While they can't really compete with loyalist Assault Terminators for sheer survivability (even with the Icon of Tzeentch) or Wolf Guard Terminators for sheer damage output, they're extremely cheap and quite difficult to deal with, especially when taken in large numbers.

A friend of mine uses a unit of 5 Terminators with two combi-meltas, two power fists and a reaper autocannon. Depending on the size of the game he'll give them the Icon of Tzeentch, too. People can talk smack about the reaper all they want but I swear this squad never fails to kill at least one priority target every game (usually from the reaper autocannon, too).

Units of three seem a bit too small to me. I'd suggest a minimum of five models per unit for this Triplex thing (even though it's not quite as... three). There's little reason not to since Chaos Terminators are so cheap.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
A squad of 5 is a very different thing. Once you start having 5 guys, giving people combi-weps and power fists, the points very quickly add up. It begins to look like they should have a transport too.

Not sure that these guys are really as efficient as all that though. Cheap as they are, you are in the same kind of territory as 3 dreads, which may sometimes be the better option. 9 guys with 2+ saves are problematic for many opponents though, so it's quite a good option.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeh, 315 points you are looking at 3 dreadnaughts there. But, in a 1500 point game, thats 1/5 of the points. With 5 turns of shooting, they will cripple a mech armies battle plan.

It's also rather diverse. The High rate of accurate fire is enough to dent squads. And high enough in strength to wound the majority of MCs.

Hmm.

·
Registered
114 Posts
That sounds like a sexy idea actually.

What about adding a couple combi Plasma's to them also?

Can just imagine a sexy Chaos gun line army

3 Termi's with RAC

3 Termi's with RAC

3 Termi's with RAC

3 Oblits

3 Oblits

3 Oblits

bye bye transports

1 - 5 of 5 Posts